Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
No worries mate, most people in here would prefer to just talk reasonably about the game.

Also people do have scroll wheels available, if someone does not feel like reading the long rant ut is entierly optional.

Anyway I'd be interested to learn if starting class has any effect on gear appearance. There are many "classes" in the same braod category of "magic user" or "melee scrapper" that have widely different looks.

I hope there is just a bunch of differently looking item sets so that any starting options can eventually attain any set look (varied by race ofc) rather than some looks being specifically tied to for example battlemages.
Since you can customize away from whatever the default suggestion is it would just lead to people picking weird classes for looks and then playing something entierly different.

Seems much better in that case to just allow people to play the character setup they thematically envision for their char and still be able to find one of the sets of gear they liked the look of at the start of the game.

A
addict
addict
A
lol I actually forgot about scroll wheels for a second. I read the forums on my phone at times.

Anyway, from what I experimented with, I'm pretty sure that people should be satisfied somewhat on the front you talk about. For instance, the leather rogue armor (+dodge%) looks different from the heavy plate armor that elves (or any race) can wear. That's different sets along the spectrum of "melee scrapper." I don't know if the same holds true for the mage side, but I assume it should in the long term. Mage robes obviously look different from plate armor that has some magic armour, but I don't know if that same plate amour varies enough from regular just physical plate armour as part of different morph set or if the amrour is just different due to level and stats and RNG.

At the moment, I think the amour look comes from the type (ie. robes, leather, plate) and the defenses and stats (ie amount physical/magic amour, resistance) and the race and the level. How extensive that is, is the real question.....

I don't quite like what I've seen for elves so far, but I'm not sure if that's just cause of the limited content or the style itself. Some people bringing up how little protection it looks like...well, I remember the amount of protection the armor in D:OS EE looked like it gave from level 1 to level 20 on a warrior changed alot over time. It evolved based on item level to look more stout and 'cooler' for lack of a better word. The low level elves might look naked simply cause they're a stylized showing of how fragile they are currently.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I kind of like the elf armor artstyle, but I think I like it for the same reason many seem to dislike it. It's different, its not just another run of the mill LoTR elf clone.
Some people want elves to be elves, some want them to be different. I happen to enjoy this take on them. smile

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
I don't want to kick the hornet's nest, but my wife plays this game with me, she loves the female elf character and says it's her favourite. She couldn't believe this debate was happening on the forum.

enthusiast
enthusiast
In all fairness, I've been staring at this debate all night, and I still can't believe it's happening.

journeyman
journeyman
The logic that because x gender shows skin, y gender also must is absurd. This is a fantasy video game, an artist can be bias towards one more than the other if they want to because it is freedom of creation. You can criticise it but don't go around demanding changes to suit your own personal preferences.

Can we now close this ridiculous thread?

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
No! Art and creative media must be expressed within a specific parameter or else its bigoted and evil and haram!
;3

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
My issue with the Elven armor is that it's tree bark from the armor styles I've encountered so far. I play a Knight usually and the armor is full of gaps and bare skin, not very protective if you ask me, regardless if you play a male or female. I'm not annoyed by the skin showing in a 'that too sexual' kind of way, but rather a 'you're going to get stabbed in the kidney' kind of way.

I asked if it was possible to put them in some normal plate armor at some point in a topic I made and people got triggered I guess.

M
addict
addict
M
Originally Posted by SupaMonkey
I don't want to kick the hornet's nest, but my wife plays this game with me, she loves the female elf character and says it's her favourite. She couldn't believe this debate was happening on the forum.

Well, if it's any comfort I know a few who can't believe we still need to have this debate in 2016.

S
veteran
veteran
S
its the CURRENT YEAR!

unlike last year when it was the previous year.

Last edited by Sordak; 03/10/16 06:57 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard