Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
hi~ so if you are like me.. sometimes you click things, sometimes they go in your bag >.> you could put them back... OR! keep it o_o . pesky NPCs wanting to search you, well!

NO MORE! You miss clicked! (>.>) those are your things now. On the beach I dug up a pouch of treasure and moved the pouch into my inventory. I later sto..miss clicked (<.<) some stuff and was like "oh gosh, it has stolen tag on it" So I thought for a moment... I have that pouch! I dropped it on the ground and loaded it up then pulled the filled pouch to my inventory.

The Npc when checking me didn't find stolen goods. Not sure if it was a bug or if I figured out a way to keep things. Thought I would share. ^_^

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah, it's definitely a neat trick! Though, try double clicking the pouch to open it up while it's still in your inventory. I always thought it was a neat feature, as it allows me to
smuggle stolen goods inside Griff's oranges
very thematically.

stranger
stranger
To add to that, if you pickpocket someone and immediately trade with them, they won't notice the missing goods from their inventory. I don't know if you actually need to purchase something or just open the trading panel though. Regardless, a useful bug.

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by SlamPow
Yeah, it's definitely a neat trick! Though, try double clicking the pouch to open it up while it's still in your inventory. I always thought it was a neat feature, as it allows me to
smuggle stolen goods inside Griff's oranges
very thematically.

Oh oh nice didn't know I could open the pouch while on me. ^^

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I was wrong ;_; I got busted by someone else before I could hide the goods in the pouch and then it took every single item I had in the pouch also.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ellary
I was wrong ;_; I got busted by someone else before I could hide the goods in the pouch and then it took every single item I had in the pouch also.

Ahaha! It happens. It took me way too long to figure out that the timer until people start looking for you happens after you steal the first item, not after you stop pickpocketing.

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
this makes me sad, so in this Divinity being a thief type isn't really an option.

enthusiast
enthusiast
this makes me sad, so in this Divinity being a thief type isn't really an option.

Well, I've gotten away with it pretty cleanly. My sticky-fingered mega mage build still hasn't gotten caught, after stealing from every skill book vendor and Zaleskar. Granted, you can just eat skill books to make them disappear, so that's a little different. But yeah, picking stuff up off the ground is surprisingly hard to get away with, so I totally understand where you're coming from.

veteran
veteran

If you're playing single-player, you can use magic pockets to send items to someone across the map so if you get searched no one finds anything.

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Stabbey

If you're playing single-player, you can use magic pockets to send items to someone across the map so if you get searched no one finds anything.

Oh ooh going to have to try this, thanks ^^

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Stabbey

In my experience, they still find it if the person is chained to me at all. Is this correct? Or am I just inattentive to what character they're talking to? My friend has verified this, but I'm not so sure anymore, after trying really hard to test it out. Are unchained characters an exception?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by SlamPow

In my experience, they still find it if the person is chained to me at all. Is this correct? Or am I just inattentive to what character they're talking to? My friend has verified this, but I'm not so sure anymore, after trying really hard to test it out. Are unchained characters an exception?

I said "across the map". If they're chained to you, then they're right next to you, and so it would indeed be good of the NPC to search all of you who are together.

enthusiast
enthusiast
But, is it really that they're across the map, or just that they're unchained? Is it proximity based, or based on how you've organized your party? Do you know?

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
It is area based, anyone near you is checked. I left someone near the entrance and dumped all my items on them and had them leave. they checked my character, didn't find anything and that was the end of it ^^

enthusiast
enthusiast
It is area based, anyone near you is checked. I left someone near the entrance and dumped all my items on them and had them leave. they checked my character, didn't find anything and that was the end of it ^^

Nice, thanks! =D

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard