Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-04-understanding-divinity-original-sin-2-in-early-access

Four of the planned six origin characters are in the game now. Those remaining are the undead origin character and the dwarf, says Vincke. In addition there will be default racial origin stories for people who make their own character from scratch, so however you play you'll have an origin story to pursue - as of course will the people playing with you in multiplayer, or the AI companions playing with you in single-player. And these are stories that weave far into the game.

Just thought people would be interested in hearing a solid number before too many get their hopes up.

apprentice
apprentice
Seems reasonable, provided that origin questlines are actually meaningful. Lohse's and Red Prince's seem like they're going to be, lots of potential there, but I'm not so sure about Sybille or Ifan.
I heard CDPR are writing an origin too, how do they fit into this? Must've misheard it, whoops.

Last edited by Klavi; 14/10/16 04:54 PM.
Support
Support

GOG is designing an NPC, not a character origin.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Does there really need to be fifty origin stories when the tag system is there? If you really enjoy multiple playthroughs, wouldn't you want to create your own character anyway?

enthusiast
enthusiast
I like how you say ''only'' six, it's really quite diverse imo. But anyway, I actually wonder what this ''default racial'' origin means.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
I'm going to assume that this will be one of the most easily moddable areas of the game. So, hopefully, for those wanting many more origin stories, we will be able to mod them in, or download mods that others have created to augment the number of stories that Larian has made.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Origin characters are useless.
I'd rather they put effort in tags...

veteran
veteran
Everyone has their preferences....some will love the origins, some will never use them....I am intrigued by the possibilities at the moment but don't yet know how much I will use them yet....I'm sure I'll play through at least one of them as my main character though I don't really like the Red Prince and you'll never catch me playing a dwarf.....though I'm sure there will be people playing those things exclusively.

S
veteran
veteran
S
a bit of a letdown honestly, since origins were teased as this amazing thing in the game.
Well im still interrested in the undead one.

journeyman
journeyman
Looks like the next origin will be the dwarf. (From their Twitter.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard