Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I play the game in german. There is a quest where you have to find 4 letters, Zixzax translates them and the answer is bellegar.
He says something like: "Some call him the old wise man, I call him the idiot who was already senile as a child."

What is the official english version of this sentence?

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
Support
Support

After asking if he can translate:

Sure I can. That's just a very old form of Common Rivellonian!
Yes, good, four pieces and four words!
Let's see... The words are "ancient", "poetics", "might" and "wise man".
Strange! reminds me of a certain phrase... "The old sage whose poetry is power."
But, that's what the creatures of this valley used to call Bellegar - when Lovis' citadel tower still stood unspoiled by the raveges of time!
That must be it then. The clue you are looking for is simply "Bellegar".
What a description that is! I'd have named him "The old coot who's senility kicked in at eleven"!

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Thanks

Many people have a quote as their signature and I thougt this sentence sounds cool.
But in this form, the original version is not so great.
It should be one sentence and it should not be clear who I am talking about, maybe I talk about myself wink

By the way, the translation and voice acting is great. It makes sense and it is funny. Unlike some other games where the devs send the text files to another company and they translated it with google. Pillars of Eternity could hurt your eyes when you play it without the mod that improves the translation and in case of Oblivion (worst game I remember) the one who used google was also drunken and stoned.

Did you do the translations yourself? I think belgium has some people who speak german well.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
Support
Support

I'm not sure, but I think the publisher handled the localization.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard