Next Thread
Print Thread
#602218 13/04/17 05:16 AM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I admit I have not checked the entire forum to see if this subject has been brought up yet so I apologize if it has been so. I would like to know if the designers are planning on using voice actors for the NPCs in the final release. I really loved the voices done in DOS 1, in fact that alone made it one of the best RPGs I have ever played.

sneakypetev #602220 13/04/17 07:32 AM
Support
Support

There will be some limited voice acting, similar to how it was done in D:OS Classic (player/NPC comments with overhead text, shouts during combat).

Act 1 of D:OS 2 has more text than D:OS EE (over 500k words) and the full game has over a million words. The voice work for D:OS EE took 7 months to record.

sneakypetev #602223 13/04/17 12:18 PM
veteran
veteran

Raze #602227 13/04/17 12:41 PM
G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by Raze

There will be some limited voice acting, similar to how it was done in D:OS Classic (player/NPC comments with overhead text, shouts during combat).

Act 1 of D:OS 2 has more text than D:OS EE (over 500k words) and the full game has over a million words. The voice work for D:OS EE took 7 months to record.
Undestand the size. In DOS1 full voice acting was a bit boring after a while. I read faster so for a side texts it was rather drawback. However, its possible to voice act the key speach of the key persons?
You know, wing-man quests, their confessions. For better grasp of personality the voice is significant. Also The most villain speech "I rule a world" would lit a hate to remove it from face of the universe.

Could you make a bit voice progress speach?
Maby in EE version of DOS2 ?

Also, the important thing, dont forget the cheess vendor. Its trademark laugh

Last edited by gGeo; 13/04/17 12:45 PM.
gGeo #602230 13/04/17 02:46 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by gGeo
Also, the important thing, dont forget the cheess vendor. Its trademark laugh

This is particularly important. The D:OS Classic cheese vendor rather than the EE version, though.

J'aime le fromage.
sneakypetev #602236 13/04/17 08:14 PM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Thanks for the replies, but now I bummed . But At least I won't loose sleep waiting for the final release version. The odd characters w/ the excellent voice acting is what got me hooked to the EE version of the first game.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard