Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline
DoS:2 was updated with Patch 3.0.76.796 today and with it came two new areas, new companion interactions, balances, crafting rework, new character creation and much more. Check out the official post http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=603988#Post603988 for all the details.

Feel free to discuss any topic related to the new update and post any new information you may find, I.E. new recipes, etc as I will be trying to redo any changes on the Wikia as soon as possible and it'd be a huge help to not have to search for everything alone.

Last edited by Kokoro-Sensei; 24/05/17 05:57 PM.
veteran
veteran
My immersion was broken literally immediately when I woke up from the table with a weapon still strapped to my back. Uh, no. No prisoner should have a weapon before reaching Fort Joy. There is NO justification for this. Instead, the weapon should appear on the ground among the bodies after the attack begins.

OP Offline
I find it hard to be immersed in things, but I do agree with you about that. They should change that for sure.

old hand
old hand
They should make you start with no weapon and then just have a bunch of different weapons laying around for the battle. That way you could choose what starting weapon you want no matter your build. Not a big deal if you can just pick them all up as long as they sell for next to nothing, really.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Baardvark
They should make you start with no weapon and then just have a bunch of different weapons laying around for the battle. That way you could choose what starting weapon you want no matter your build. Not a big deal if you can just pick them all up as long as they sell for next to nothing, really.

Great idea, in fact. Since there are no fights until after the ship goes to hell, they could in fact have a chest in that same room called "Confiscated Weapons" which has one of each kind of level 1 "improvised" weapon (two of daggers). Each has a value of 0 or 1 gold. Simple, easy, done.

Also, Larian should make one of the doors to the lower floor kitchen either unlocked or 30 HP like the other locked doors. Right now both of them are 418 HP. I don't see any reason for it to be that much of a pain to bash down. There's nothing THAT special inside.

OP Offline
Actually theres a key, the Greasy Key, right next to Ifan that opens up the door.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Stabbey

Great idea, in fact. Since there are no fights until after the ship goes to hell

That wasn't my experience. I killed the first Magister I saw, and the 2nd, and the 3rd, smile

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by error3

That wasn't my experience. I killed the first Magister I saw, and the 2nd, and the 3rd, smile

Thank you for making the best case possible for why no prisoners should have weapons on the ship.

journeyman
journeyman
I killed every Magister I saw because there's literally no reason not to. They imprisoned you, muted your source power and are constantly being massive dicks about it. What's even worse is that they all share telepathic knowledge.

Try killing the first Magister in the wake-up room. As soon as he's dead the three behind the door will rush inside which is totally fucking stupid. And not only that, all prisoners including Lohse, Red Prince and Ifan will immediately join the magister to look for you.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Lyrhe

Try killing the first Magister in the wake-up room. As soon as he's dead the three behind the door will rush inside which is totally fucking stupid. And not only that, all prisoners including Lohse, Red Prince and Ifan will immediately join the magister to look for you.

The funny thing is that if they see you attack them they will help you kill them instead.

N
N
Just some initial observations. This is my first time picking the game up again in a long while, played for a few hours.

Equipment with skirts or any other physics enabled clothing aspects would flicker or behave oddly at random, both on npcs or players until reload, or re-equipping.

The default prison rags seems to have some odd physics/clipping with the 'skirt' portion when lying on the table in the beginning, which doesn't look very good.

Repeatedly ran into an issue where as soon as combat began, one of my party members becomes stuck and cannot move, or make any kind of action during, and after combat besides delaying or ending their turn, until I unequipped and re-equipped gear for some reason.

Some surfaces created by combat randomly were not cleaning up visually (status effect is gone, but visual effect remains)

I enjoyed the newish, more artwork accurate appearance of the various origin characters, although the default Red Prince still visually does not match up with the artwork., and appears unchanged from the beginning of the alpha.

I still want to suggest the addition of a hotkey, or interface button for immediately linking and unlinking all nearby party members.

Picking things up and interacting with objects on the ground still feels very clunky and slow.

Lizard male head 5 appears to be new, and is quite cool aside from cheeks seeming a little too wide? I still feel the various 'hair' options for male lizards are not quite up to standard both visually and in the way they 'anchor' to the heads.

journeyman
journeyman
My immersion was broken literally immediately when I woke up from the table with a weapon still strapped to my back. Uh, no. No prisoner should have a weapon before reaching Fort Joy. There is NO justification for this. Instead, the weapon should appear on the ground among the bodies after the attack begins.

Actually if you think about it, it makes sense and is immersive. Why should the Magisters fear for Prisoners on the ship, but not on the Island? I mean they only wear some scrap of cloth and trashy weapons, and even their source-magic is sealed! In the other Hand, if someone would attack like Monsters and such, it would be pretty hard to defend their own lifes as well of the prisoners, that's why it make sense for them to let the Prisoners carry on weapons, even on the Ship. Also it could be that some Prisoners are aggressive and attack other prisoners as well, than they should be able to defend themself. So again, i find it pretty accurate, and it would be less sense, if they take away their weapons on the ship, whlie they are allowed to carry them on the Island.

Last edited by LightningYu; 25/05/17 09:11 AM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Nivv
I enjoyed the newish, more artwork accurate appearance of the various origin characters

I think I'm mostly liking them, not sure about Lohse's new hairdo though. Mainly because it looks like my hair: straggly red mess with an annoying grey bit that seems to resist being dyed. Meh.

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by LightningYu

Actually if you think about it, it makes sense and is immersive.

No. YOU do not get to tell ME what I feel is immersive. That is for ME to decide. I feel that this, is NOT immersive. The end.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I picked up some armour (leather gambeson) which had 87 physical armour on it and lvl 20. I found this on the boat (off a magister i think) before i got to Fort Joy. It's obviously way OP for this stage of the game and not sure if an item like this should be looted so early.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
One completely random thing I'm not so keen on is that the Divinity 2 style ladder animation has gone: I know it was silly, but so is the Divinity series and I actually rather liked it.

J'aime le fromage.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by LightningYu

Actually if you think about it, it makes sense and is immersive.

No. YOU do not get to tell ME what I feel is immersive. That is for ME to decide. I feel that this, is NOT immersive. The end.

Atleast bring an valid argument or reason, why i'm on the wrong end. I don't say, you have to force yourself to immerse to that, the only thing which i wanted to point out is, that it makes sense in the Case of Divinity Original Sin 2, and instead to bring up an proper explanation you only snap at me. If you can explain to me, why the Magisters should fear an Magister an Prisoner with Weapons, which aren't more than an mere Butterknife, and clothing which isn't more than an bedsheet, on the ship, while they let them carry freely on the island Weapons and even more proper Armor, there is noway that i would agree with you. In case of DOS2 it simply makes SENSE. Why should the fear an imprisoned sealed Sourcerer carrieng weapons more on the Ship than on the Iwland. So IMHO - if you can't immerse yourself, its your fault, not Larians.

I mean your complain is like if i would complain that an Policeman in an Ego-Shooter-Police-Game would carry an Gun...(like Glock, USP or so). I would even go the far, and tend to believe, that's not even an logical Story-Reason on your and more an mainstream reason, because almost all Prison-Stories handle it like that, or atleast an gameplay reason that you want to fresh clean start, where you have to find things first. But please don't abuse it with "immersion" when the way Larian handles this Aspect is immersive and make sense to begin with. Because your suggestion would be inconsistency. And if i'm wrong here than please explain it to me, i'm ready to learn as long as it makes sense. If not, i'm done for here anyway, because i don't let people simply snap on me, who can't handle critique on their critique and then don't even deliver an proper reason!

Last edited by LightningYu; 25/05/17 09:27 PM.
veteran
veteran
Sorcerers are prisoners of the Divine Order, being transported to a secure location. It makes just as much sense for the prisoners to be armed as it would for prisoners in our world to be carrying AK-47's on the prisoner transport bus - none. There is no logical reason at all for the Magisters to allow prisoners to have weapons. No, not even "in case of monster attack".

If the prisoners are armed, they can rebel and get control of the ship, then they can take the ship elsewhere, to places other than the prison. That is not in the best interests of the Magisters.

It is common sense to not let prisoners have weapons. There is no sensible reason to allow prisoners to have weapons. Allowing prisoners to carry weapons on the ship is the OPPOSITE OF IMMERSIVE.

At Fort Joy, that is the secure location from which prisoners cannot leave. It is valid to complain about guards allowing prisoners to carry weapons as breaking immersion there, but it is less of an obvious problem. But it's more forgiveable for gameplay reasons. There is no gameplay reason why you need a weapon before all hell breaks loose.

If you want reasons why the Magisters should fear prisoners, than just read this thread, two people have said that they killed all the Magisters as soon as they got up from their bed. I tried it myself and several magisters died in the ensuing fight. I could have done more with a better build.

N
old hand
old hand
N
It is worse than that Stabbey. Just by being Sourcerers they are ALL combatants (yes even the children).

So yeah basically it would be like a Prison Bus filled with Drug Cartel members where they have all been handed AK-47s.

Bad enough that they let you have magic on the ship, but that is just a "Story and Gameplay segregation"

The Island itself I understand. It is supposively impossible to get off the island and the weapons there pale in comparison to what the guards have (not to mention the guards are well fortified and have a lot of reinforcements). No ordinary person could have taken on the fort.

journeyman
journeyman
You want to talk about immersion breaking shit? LET THE LIST BEGIN:

- Starting with weapons. On an experimental table. Stupid.
- Magisters having a mind link on par with the PROTOSS. If I kill one of them behind closes doors, that should NOT mean every last member on the ship suddenly has a strange desire to rip my spinal cord out with their BARE HANDS. BUT SURE, OKAY?
- Why do townsfolk still try to kill you when they are several levels below you, have not been attacked and have no reason to attack you?
- Your party is limited to 4, but with multiple players, you can get up to 8. (Sharing Xp is a simple workaround for quests.)
-Wendigo literally one-shots every magister on the ship when you first meet her, but the next time you see each other she uses nothing but flasks and her weapon. Okay? This is the WORST and most ANTICLIMACTIC fight in the game. You see her wave a hand and kill dozens of people, but when YOU get to fight her, she's weaker than a child?
- After the rage nerf, Warrior-damage builds are flat out terrible. While, on the flip side, a rogue built for pure finesse and up-to-date daggers can one-button-slaughter things a level higher than it. I don't remember throwing a dagger to do MULTIPLE TIMES MY BASIC ATTACK DAMAGE. Even without abusive glitches, Sebi can do roughly 400 damage in a turn at level 7. For reference, that is 3 times her health bar or twice her health bar and armor.
- There are STILL weapons that are flat out terrible, regardless of build. "Sure, let me slap on that greatsword with +5 int that ALSO has a 14 STR requirement. On my mage. Melee mage?"
- The number of glitches have shot through the roof. Ignoring the infinite AP glitch with Time Warp, why do potions STILL hurt zombies? They have nothing to do with magical "Healing Magic" or "Holy Power". It's a bottle of wiggity woogity that makes the booboos go away. Zombies have booboos. Fuck you. This is blatant discrimination.
- Decay should not harm Zombies who receive healing from poison. The debuff clearly says "Healing", not POISON. As does the Zombie Tooltip, implying that health from poison is NOT healing. But sure, let's make the zombie talent even more worthless. Do you want us to RP or not?
- Several zones still don't scale correctly. This becomes GLARINGLY obvious in the two zones after you leave Act I. Things go from level 7-8 to 13. Without abusing glitches, this becomes stupidly tedious to complete. It just further proves that Teleport is BEYOND mandatory on ALL 4 members for some fights.
- Time warp causes some FREAKY bugs, okay? I implore you to use them on a character in a fight that has a cutscene after it.
- I've said it before and I'll say it again. The player is NOT given enough XP. In a game system where each level is SEVERAL rungs of HP, Damage and Initiative up on the ladder, ALWAYS going last gets boring FAST. Even my rogue with 24 wit lost out to a normal mob because it was a higher level. A mob that was a zombie.
- Zombie NPCs should always have 0 wit and initiative. How is this something people need to tell you? You can't have their animations take 40 years to give the impression of lethargy BUT also have them go first. IT MAKES NO SENSE. FIX INITIATIVE!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard