Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Excluding the helmet the rest of the set applies status effects fuck you over royally and by the time i got to level 6 and completed the set it got out-classed (numbers-wise the abilities they provide are worth consideration). I'd say it would be fair to increase the numbers to bring it to par with at least a lvl 7 (maybe level 8) set of armor which you can get a level 6 at the earliest.

Last edited by Bullethose; 11/06/17 08:43 AM.

Rogues are the best
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Bullethose
Excluding the helmet the rest of the set applies status effects fuck you over royally and by the time i got to level 6 and completed the set it got out-classed (numbers-wise the abilities they provide are worth consideration). I'd say it would be fair to increase the numbers to bring it to par with at least a lvl 7 (maybe level 8) set of armor which you can get a level 6 at the earliest.

It's supposed to remove the curses if you equip the whole set.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Ah i forgot to write that (i knew that fact)... they're still bad though even once the 'curses' are gone but it writing that probably would've helped my point XD.

Last edited by Bullethose; 12/06/17 04:42 AM.

Rogues are the best
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah, personally I'd like if they were a scalinga rmor set, but gradually became worse than equal level uniques. I mean, Bracuss was some uber powerful endgame boss fight in the first one, why wouldn't his armor still be worth something to top-tier warriors / mages?

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
*He was the final act 1 boss in 1* but yeah if it scaled to a certain point then dropped of that would be cool.

Rogues are the best
enthusiast
enthusiast
Oh. My bad. I admittedly didn't play 1, so.

journeyman
journeyman
Easy to mod.

In what way would you want a buff?

journeyman
journeyman
Tbh from what i get , Braccus Rex is a big deal. Everyone is on about him , left and right. The Source King ! I think they should add some special effect to his set, that is unique. I think this armor should be used til you reach Act 2 , and then grind for new gear. But i think that Braccus Armor set should be the pinnacle of power in Act 1. I dont like how the gear make it as if Braccus was a warrior. They should change that too. When i think of Braccus Rex The Source King , i picture an op mage or at the very least a warrior that wields magic. He invented the Purging wands ffs , how can a warrior create such magic ? They need to chage the desigh as a whole.

Last edited by Braxx; 19/06/17 03:30 PM.

The best class is the Jack of all Trades
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Braxx
Tbh from what i get , Braccus Rex is a big deal. Everyone is on about him , left and right. The Source King ! I think they should add some special effect to his set, that is unique. I think this armor should be used til you reach Act 2 , and then grind for new gear. But i think that Braccus Armor set should be the pinnacle of power in Act 1. I dont like how the gear make it as if Braccus was a warrior. They should change that too. When i think of Braccus Rex The Source King , i picture an op mage or at the very least a warrior that wields magic. He invented the Purging wands ffs , how can a warrior create such magic ? They need to chage the desigh as a whole.

Warriors know magic all the time, and also Source does more than just direct magic, it has Warfare and Ranger and Scoundrel abilities.

Similarly speaking, just because 'he' created them doesn't mean he did HIMSELF, since he was a ruler of some kind and likely had legions of more focused mages under his command.

journeyman
journeyman
You have played some messed up RPG's .
Warriors - No magic, All Physical dmg, tanks
Mages - Magic, All Magical dmg, squishy
Rogue - No magic,Bow/Crossbow or Daggers, All Physical dmg mixed with poisons, squishy
This is the standart in RPG's.
Now i know that Source abilities have their own categories and range for all classes in the game but im talking about Braccus Rex and my image of him.
I dont consider the source ability Overpower a magic ability, same with Phoenix dive and the rest skills for the Knight and Fighter class. If you consider these abilities magic , then you got it wrong or just have a different perspective of the game , a slightly more delusional one.
For me the only magic users(or users that have magic abilities in them like hybrids) in this game are: Wizard,Witch,Inqusitor,Conjurer,Metamorph,Battlemage,Wayfarer,Shadow Blade,Cleric.
The Hunstman, Scoundrel and Warfare are none magic skill trees.
My point was that the armor ingame makes it seem that Braccus was a warrior and my image of him is more of a mage or battlemage. And his armor ingame is just a black colored Scale Armor and the armor doesnt offer anything special.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Braxx
You have played some messed up RPG's .
Warriors - No magic, All Physical dmg, tanks
Mages - Magic, All Magical dmg, squishy
Rogue - No magic,Bow/Crossbow or Daggers, All Physical dmg mixed with poisons, squishy
This is the standart in RPG's.
Now i know that Source abilities have their own categories and range for all classes in the game but im talking about Braccus Rex and my image of him.
I dont consider the source ability Overpower a magic ability, same with Phoenix dive and the rest skills for the Knight and Fighter class. If you consider these abilities magic , then you got it wrong or just have a different perspective of the game , a slightly more delusional one.
For me the only magic users(or users that have magic abilities in them like hybrids) in this game are: Wizard,Witch,Inqusitor,Conjurer,Metamorph,Battlemage,Wayfarer,Shadow Blade,Cleric.
The Hunstman, Scoundrel and Warfare are none magic skill trees.
My point was that the armor ingame makes it seem that Braccus was a warrior and my image of him is more of a mage or battlemage. And his armor ingame is just a black colored Scale Armor and the armor doesnt offer anything special.

Prepare to have your conceptions dashed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80B5TUXv5pM

He uses a fuckhuge axe, he uses magic. He uses both.

And Source in general is a form of magic, but it affects physical.

D
stranger
stranger
D
The problem with making it the premo ACT 1 set armor is that you then have no reason to use anything else you find. It's a double edged sword, because then you have people complaining that they pretty much have to get this best-in-slot armor set and gathering the pieces becomes a chore, rather than something that is fun for those who want it.

I agree the set is incredibly underwhelming for when you find it (especially when you consider you get some of the pieces really early and they are massive out-leveled by later pieces).

I'm hoping that having the set somehow plays into later in the game (such as early to mid ACT2) and you can either upgrade the set via some quest line (like you can turn them in for some sweet class specific armor at a certain NPC), or there is some other mechanism for upgrading.

If not, then it is a big waste of time to have such a set even in the game. Part of me doesn't want to believe they'd take the time to put the set in the game if they didn't have other plans for it later on down the line. I'd be pretty pissed if they don't have other plans for the set.

I'll reserve my judgement for later I guess.

journeyman
journeyman
OK ... Braccus Rex isnt a mage nor a warrior , guy look like a demon str8 from hell. And we get some ugly ass armor. Hope they give us the armor i just saw in the video.

Last edited by Braxx; 20/06/17 07:34 PM.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Dracnoth
The problem with making it the premo ACT 1 set armor is that you then have no reason to use anything else you find. It's a double edged sword, because then you have people complaining that they pretty much have to get this best-in-slot armor set and gathering the pieces becomes a chore, rather than something that is fun for those who want it.

Ehh, there is always some best in slot equipment, so you could say the exact same thing for the currently best equipment. Also you will still have 3 other chars, unless you are going for some lone wolf action, so other gear will still have its place.

Last edited by vometia; 21/06/17 07:11 AM. Reason: formatting
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Gron
Originally Posted by Dracnoth

Ehh, there is always some best in slot equipment, so you could say the exact same thing for the currently best equipment. Also you will still have 3 other chars, unless you are going for some lone wolf action, so other gear will still have its place.

The purpose of uniques as I see it in a game with a lot of random loot is to provide flavor, ensure that characters always have at least some good loot available, and to provide unique, niche bonuses that appeal to certain playstyles. So uniques should rarely be automatic best in slot, but fairly good choices most of the time.

Braccus set should probably be overall melee focused, but offer some semi-magical oriented bonuses (maybe pyrokinetics or something, given his affinity for fire in the first game.) I'm not going to modify them for now, but if they remain unchanged on release I'll probably tweak them (and possibly nearly all of the uniques if they remain as fairly uninspired as they currently do.)

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard