addict
addict
N

Last edited by Norbyte; 24/09/17 03:04 PM. Reason: Update link to latest ver
Nazar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello guys again & again. Another questions wink ( I hope you won`t think: "ahh.. again this man" )
So, thank you Norbyte for fixed this issue with EXT1.8.
1. ScreenShots
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

i imported GR2 file, DDS texture copy .bullet from Long_Bow.bullet (because i dont know what is it & how it edit), then i copied material from long bow, & this now in Divinity. so ok but it`s not correctly. I dont know, but material replaced my .dds textures & i cant bind it to my model. some advices? ;))
It must be like this:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My files: ( .GR2, .dds ) http://rgho.st/7tZQzDFFM

Last edited by Nazar; 10/07/17 10:11 AM.
N
addict
addict
N
So, this is what should theorically be done to make the mesh work:

1. Add the texture, and the mesh (GR2) as a resource. (I see that you've done this).
2. Create a material for the mesh. (I usually just copy an existing material as it's easier.) Since you don't have a normal map or specular map texture, we'll need a base material with only a diffuse input - that is, one derived from Base_DM. The ARM_Panty_A_Zandalor is a good candidate, so right click on it -> Copy to my module -> give the material a name.
After you're done, your package should look like this:
[Linked Image]

(Alternatively, you can create your own material, but my editor always crashes when compiling the HLSL shaders, so I can't really test it.)

Open the material properties dialog, select the diffuse texture in resource browser, and assign it to the material via the "<-" arrow, OK.
[Linked Image]

Open the model properties dialog, select the material in the resource browser, assign it via "<-" arrow button.
[Linked Image]

After this, the mesh should appear properly.

Nazar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
[Linked Image]

think

N
addict
addict
N
Flip the original texture horizontally, resave it and reimport it to D:OS, should work.
[Linked Image]

Nazar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
What did you use in DDS? DXT1 RGB(no alpha)/DXT1 ARGB/DXT3 ARGB/DXT5 / DXT5 NM?

N
addict
addict
N
DXT1 opaque/1-bit alpha

Nazar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
[Linked Image]
... I dont know. i used all varietions in CS6. you can see it on the screen. but not the same as your

N
addict
addict
N
Ahhh sorry, I mixed up the two dimensions, it should be flipped vertically, not horizontally!

Nazar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
[Linked Image]
I feel my-self like fool idiot

Last edited by Nazar; 10/07/17 09:08 PM.
Nazar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
[Linked Image]
I am really idiot. I used DDS with minimaps, but i must used original.tga texture, so i am glad that new model added.
now about animations & coordinates. I need rotate this bow, then what i watched in 3ds max:
i load Human_Long_Bow & i see Dummy for this bow ( for animation ), so i replace this model to my, Readded bones to my model & save
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

so in game now
[Linked Image]

but seems this dummy dont bind to my model. Ok i will try tomorrow & yeah, my model in 3d max less than model long bow. But in Doses more like 10 times

Last edited by Nazar; 11/07/17 02:08 AM.
N
addict
addict
N
Make sure that your bone names match the name used for the .GR2 file and the resource.
Eg. for a mesh with name WPN_DB1, the bone hierarchy should be:

Dummy_WPN_DB1
- Dummy_Arc_A
- Dummy_Arc_B
- Dummy_ArrowFX
- Dummy_FX
- Dummy_String
- WPN_DB1
- - Dummy_Attachment

Also make sure that the "WPN_DB1", "Dummy_FX", "Dummy_ArrowFX" and "Dummy_Attachment" bones have no vertex influences at all, as they're only used for binding by the engine.

Bone "Dummy_ArrowFX" is used for projectile bindings, "Dummy_Attachment" is the one the engine uses to bind the mesh to the character, "Dummy_FX" is a bone for particle effects, "WPN_DB1" is the "real root" bone.

Dummy_Arc_A, Dummy_Arc_B and Dummy_String are used for animations (see eg. the WPN_Human_Normal_Bow_A_Anim1.GR2)

Nazar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Ye, i just replaced model & readded bones to new model. Nothing else i didnt. But in game it didnt work. all bones & animations displayed correctly in the table, bow & animations displayed in game are wrong ( very wrong )

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard