Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Kaixa Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
For example, Lohse's default hair style is 7, I want change it to 9. Sebille's default face is 7, I want change it to 8.
I now have Divinity Engine 2 and pak extractor, which file should I edit?

Thanks.

addict
addict
Hello!

We have a wiki page on Making an origin character. This explains that you can make a custom origin by putting an origin preset file in the shown location (YourMod/CharacterCreation/OriginPresets) and explains the different properties you can edit.

Our page for modding existing origins is not yet written (apologies for that) but it follows the same principle. Put the origin preset file called Lohse.lsx in "YourMod/CharacterCreation/OriginPresets". If it has the same name, it will override the original.

To access the Lohse.lsx file, you'll have to unpack our DivinityOrigins mod.

Last edited by Larian_KVN; 15/09/17 09:06 PM.

CTRL+K the elf
K
Kaixa Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Hi, I have access Lohse.lsx file, but appearance info seems not inside it.
My aim is changing premade companion's appearance while playing the custom character.

Thanks.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I too would like know how to modify a companion‘s appearance. I also extracted the Lohse.lsx – but there is nothing about her hair style or face style in there...

How can you change her appearance? :)

(Awesome game btw!!! :) )

T
addict
addict
T
Lohse's appearance can probably be changed by copying the global S_Player_Lohse character to your mod and then changing the visual set parameters of this character (or possibly by changing her root template altogether).

G
stranger
stranger
G
Have the same problem. I would be more than happy to change the appearence of Lohse, so that when I meet her and make her join my party, I would add the "edited" version of that original character. Is there a verified way to do that, can someone explain how to do that step by step (never tried to do such a thing before)? Do I need some tool? If anyone succeded in doing that, could post here his trick? thank you in advance!! :-)

journeyman
journeyman
Hello. You can do it following this.

Make sure editor data is installed.

[Linked Image]

Create a new Addon. Select Load data from Story and Target it for Story.
[Linked Image]

Open level browser. Hit Show Inherited Levels to show levels from main campaign. Find FortJoy. Open it
[Linked Image]

In World Outliner search for ‘Lohse’
[Linked Image]

Check out the object using this button

[Linked Image]

You will be able to edit properties of the character. You are interested in Visual Set Indices

[Linked Image]
Click inside the field with numbers, there will be a tiny button with 3 dots, click it to edit the property.

There are selectors for different visual properties. You are looking for face type, hair, and colors of those.

[Linked Image]

Change the settings and don’t forget to save. Also when the window will be closed, don’t forget to hit save the project itself.
[Linked Image]

Start the game. Go to mods. Activate your mod. Don’t forget to confirm.

[Linked Image]

Start new campaign. This is our new Lohse.

[Linked Image]

Meet her in game.

journeyman
journeyman
[Linked Image]

I hope you will find it useful. Happy modding smile

Last edited by Cadmus88; 19/09/17 09:50 AM.
journeyman
journeyman

A
stranger
stranger
A
Do you have to start a new game for that or will it work on existing saves as well?

G
stranger
stranger
G
Thank you Cadmus88!!!!

P
stranger
stranger
P
Awesome. Can I also change Lohse`s race with this?

journeyman
journeyman
This will work well only with new game, cause Lohse is global character and is already set in save game. There is mod that bring Magic Mirror in act 1 allowing to change appearance

journeyman
journeyman
It is similar process - you need edit her settings, but it will be a bit different. You will need to change her root template into one of lizard's and you need to fix her tags - remove HUMAN and set LIZARD

P
stranger
stranger
P
I hate to ask this, but I have a weird bug where I cannot download the engine data (DLC tab is missing from my game). Could someone create a custom Lohse file where Lohse is an Elf?

Thanks a lot in advance

A
stranger
stranger
A
Ok, so I managed to change her appearance, but how do I change her portrait as well?

The reason for not being able to use the mod in an existing save, is because Lohse will basically disappear from the game world? (She is visible, but seems to be located somewhere entirely different...)

G
stranger
stranger
G
Same thing here. I was able to change Lohse appearence, but not her in game portrait. Is there a way to change her icon/portrait accordingly? Thank you in advance for all your hints and suggestions :-)

Generating portraits does not work in the current steam version, but should be patched soon. Once the portrait generation is fixed you can follow this: https://docs.larian.game/My_first:_Custom_portrait guide to generate the icon.

Last edited by Larian_JB; 21/09/17 09:38 AM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Larian_JB
Generating portraits does not work in the current steam version, but should be patched soon. Once the portrait generation is fixed you can follow this: https://docs.larian.game/My_first:_Custom_portrait guide to generate the icon.

Have the "Gog" version, does that warkaround work with that one?

addict
addict
Both Steam and GOG are the same version so both versions will have to wait for our next patch before this will be properly supported.

Our apologies for now,
Kevin

CTRL+K the elf
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard