Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
I have 2 quests now that I believe are finished and will not close out. This game being new, I apologize if I'm missing something.

1. The Imprisoned elf. The journal says I have freed the elf and should talk to Saheila. I have done this... many times. It will not close and it will not mark as (closed/completed). I did receive the reward from her.

2. Whithermoon's soul jar. I broke the jar and returned to his body. The journal just says, "I have free his soul".

Again, there may be more to do, but if there is, please log this as a request. The wording leaves me to believe its broken. Perhaps the journal needs rewording if there is more to do? I've quite thoroughly played through the area thinking I'm done here.

Thanks.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Same on the exact two quest, tried talk to Saheila when the log says we go speak to her got the reward and its not marked as closed and also same with Withermoores Jar, what gives there something we missin here???

journeyman
journeyman
I don't know exactly but I think that you will meet Withermoor again and Amyro wents back to Saheila so you should talk to him. This quest is surely not finished because you should meet with some elves that free Saheila.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I have multiple quests that are not closing out as well. Completing them up to the point where the item reward is given but it stays active in the journal. As well as the quest flags littering the map. I.E. I've completed the arena (got the item reward and got the collar removed), but never even received the achievement for entering.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Same thing happened with 3 quests for me.

-Imprisoned Elf.
-The Burning Pigs.
-Call to Arms.

Also I have an issue with the arena under Fort Joy. After the first fight I couldnt progress, I dont know if I needed to something different but I couldnt find anything.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Didn't have an issue with the pigs. Though it took me awhile to figure out what to do. [spoiler]Did you try using bless on them?[/spoiler]

H
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
Confirmed on the Steam forums that there is more to do with Whithermoon, but I'd still like to see a journal fix. Simply stating, "you did what the quest asked for" and leaving it at that is poor direction. Provide some semblance of a hint that more is needed. Every other quest follows with, "so now I better do something else..."

Thanks.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Originally Posted by Shay
Didn't have an issue with the pigs. Though it took me awhile to figure out what to do.
Did you try using bless on them?

I did, one of them even thanked me and went to the sanctuary of Amadia.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Jedasd
Originally Posted by Shay
Didn't have an issue with the pigs. Though it took me awhile to figure out what to do.
Did you try using bless on them?

I did, one of them even thanked me and went to the sanctuary of Amadia.

Have you gone back to him at the sanctuary? That's where I was able to close the quest

Last edited by vometia; 20/09/17 11:49 PM. Reason: formatting
W
stranger
stranger
W
Can confirm on the pig that you need to go back to Amadia and talk to the pig, should be able to close the quest there.
Whitermoon's quest should close eventually when he shows up at Brakus Rex's temple place after the maze area. It was a bit weird though because the first time I approached the force field thing he didn't show up but he showed up after I walked around a bit and came back to it again.

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
I made a post with all the Fort Joy related quests that aren't closing properly (that I've encountered), and the reasons why this is happening (as far as I know).

Last edited by vometia; 20/09/17 11:49 PM. Reason: formatting
S
stranger
stranger
S
I also have several quest issues not completing.

Imprisoned Elf - Saved Amyro and spoke with him and with Saheila in the cave after that quest should be completed but quest stay open and when I left fort joy, quest says that I abandoned him to its fate.

Call To Arms - Killed all the Shriekers and reported back to Gareth after which he moved all the Seekers in abandoned camp ready to attack the ship but after I used fast travel they all disappeared from the camp and now quest says we left without Seekers help.

The Purged Dragon - I killed Radeka and purged Slane with wand after which he flew away from the Island as a dragon. Quest should be completed but it says that we abandoned Slane and that he must save himself.

The Arena of Fort Joy - After completing first fight and becoming champion, I couldn't pick another fight till the rest of my stay on the Island. Only conversation option I had when offering for another fight was "Not right now" and therefore quest says that I left without fully exploring fighting arena.

Withermoore's Soul Jarr - I had freed his soul but quest stayed active, he never showed at the forcefield in Braccus Tower for me to remove it and therefore quest says I did not help Lord Withermoore at all.

This is some serious issues with the quests. I just left Reapers eye so I hope that rest of the quest will close properly giving appropriate exp and rewards.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I'm having the same issue as Strajder. I have a number of quests that I completed, but the quest log now says I didn't.

Quests:
Call To Arms (left w/o Seeker's help).
The Imprisoned Elf (left Amyro to his fate).
The Purged Dragon (he'll have to save himself).
Withermoore's Soul Jar (left without helping him).

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Regarding:
Withermoore's Soul Jar - After testing both with and without soul points, I'm finding that he'll only show up if you try to activate the barrier without any Source points.

Purged Dragon - Might be a distance issue as, for me, it wasn't until I was on the last flight of stairs that the comments about the ice and flurries showed up.

Last edited by ZikarnKrais; 21/09/17 01:33 AM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard