Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Butcher Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I know that there is no cell respawn (if you clear out one spot, that's it, no more enemies there), however, why not add roaming enemies that respawn randomly from 1 day to 3 days (to prevent XP farming)
You add mobs of enemies that patrol the map.
That way you can still be surprised after going through a cleared area and you wouldn't have stationary cell respawn which would allow XP farming.
I'm in the process of studying the mod tools for the engine but with the university breathing down my neck who knows when that could happen.
Would be real nice to consider my proposal or at least point out the flaws.

Last edited by Butcher; 19/09/17 09:56 AM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
Originally Posted by Butcher
I know that there is no cell respawn (if you clear out one spot, that's it, no more enemies there), however, why not add roaming enemies that respawn randomly from 1 day to 3 days (to prevent XP farming)
You add mobs of enemies that patrol the map.
That way you can still be surprised after going through a cleared area and you wouldn't have stationary cell respawn which would allow XP farming.
I'm in the process of studying the mod tools for the engine but with the university breathing down my neck who knows when that could happen.
Would be real nice to consider my proposal or at least point out the flaws.

For how game works roaming enemies probably clutter the map way too much and may cause save game bloat. And this isnt a farming game like diablo but im very confused by their randomised stats choice.

Instead why not do it like Tyranny, when you fast travel there is a chance of random encounter which may or may not result in fights, gold, chests or story events, which spice up things abit.

Dont think stuff like this will ever happen officically so wait until mods.

Butcher Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Yeah, that's why you add a couple that roam around the whole map. Don't know, 2-3 upscaled enemies that roam from north-west to south east and 2-3 that roam north-east to south west. If you find them and kill them next time they roam perhaps from west to east after a day or so.
Randomization or path and enemies. I don't think that would cause some major infractions in memory handling.

A random encounter would also be a nice touch when traveling through waypoints. You could add the spirit world encounter fighting spirits in a waypoint.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard