Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Originally Posted by Zherot
Originally Posted by Ellezard
I blame the gear scaling. A level 20 Divine shield gives 1394/1951 magic/physical armor. A level 21 Divine shield gives 1806/2528

The 30% stat increase is a bit much and enemies, even + 50% stat, can barely compete with legendary gear. Divine= ggwp and you get that from merchant every hour or a piece from running around with Lucky Charm every 10-15 minutes.

A full set tank mage has like 6k magic armor and enemies deal like 500 a hit with magic. Ha.

Yeah but not everyone is exploiting the game like you, some of us like to have a fair challenge and not cheese the game to make a point in a game.

Zherot, on a scale of 1 to extremely mad, how mad are you when you look upon my peasant massacres for gear and XP?
https://imgur.com/a/39gCY

Last edited by Rowy; 22/09/17 02:03 PM.
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Oh look... its Papa Thrash

Hello Papa Thrash, do you think your puny spells can do anything but delay your inevitable demise to 4 beefed up heroes?

https://imgur.com/a/TtPMF

Me thinks you're gonna get a trashing.

Mmmm juicy loots.

Last edited by Rowy; 22/09/17 02:14 PM.
stranger
stranger
Yeah, I'm having serious issues with Tactician mode. I ONLY ever played Tactician mode in D:OS1, and I had a ton of fun with it. It was challenging but never felt impossible. It certainly never required a bunch of metagaming and minmaxing and tricks and exploits in order to even pass one key battle.

After leveling up just right to beat the turtles, crocs, and frogs, now I'm stuck on the Houndmaster, who seems utterly impossible unless I can squeeze just enough XP out of... something, to hit level 4. Apparently, from what I've read, I should just go back and exploit some quests and murder a bunch of NPC's. How nice. Now I fully understand why Obsidian had no XP for kills in Pillars of Eternity.

At least put some "re-spec" potions or something in Fort Joy so we can reset and re-level our party better without restarting the whole game (which I've done several times now)... Or just, you know, make the fights ever so slightly less impossible.

Well, that's my 2 cents. I'm off to change my terrible rogue into a summoner and try again...

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Originally Posted by Saber-Scorpion
Yeah, I'm having serious issues with Tactician mode. I ONLY ever played Tactician mode in D:OS1, and I had a ton of fun with it. It was challenging but never felt impossible. It certainly never required a bunch of metagaming and minmaxing and tricks and exploits in order to even pass one key battle.

After leveling up just right to beat the turtles, crocs, and frogs, now I'm stuck on the Houndmaster, who seems utterly impossible unless I can squeeze just enough XP out of... something, to hit level 4. Apparently, from what I've read, I should just go back and exploit some quests and murder a bunch of NPC's. How nice. Now I fully understand why Obsidian had no XP for kills in Pillars of Eternity.

At least put some "re-spec" potions or something in Fort Joy so we can reset and re-level our party better without restarting the whole game (which I've done several times now)... Or just, you know, make the fights ever so slightly less impossible.

Well, that's my 2 cents. I'm off to change my terrible rogue into a summoner and try again...

Saber-scorpion,

Do you want to know the answer to getting through 1-4 pretty quickly?

Originally Posted by Ellezard

-Create a char with Pet Pal (who doesn't love Pet pal?)
-Play to Fort Joy and get through the gate
-Get Lohse
-Do the Elves vs Thug
-Go get Ifan
-Go kill Sebille or stop her (I just kill)
-Give alcohol to Doctor Leste and talk about the potion. Heal the guy if needed since they say he also gives ton of exp for doing this on every character
-Go into the Elf Cave
-Play hide and seek, get into the Wither area

-Level 2. Level up Ifan sneak to 1

-Promise to help Wither
-Go outside, talk to buddy with pet pal, mention how you will help Emily (he will give you Buddy's Key anyway with most dialogue options)
-Go inside the secret passage, steal the prison key with sneak Ifan
-Go upstair.
-Go into the hound room, mention buddy, Easy exp
-Go into the Birdie cage room, talk to birdie, free Birdie, persuade (lizard easy persuasion), more exp and Houndmaster crossbow.
-Go inside Souljar secret area
-Break souljar
-Also has 15 wits on your ranger so you can get Bacchus legging for your fighter.

You're pretty much level 3 from only 3 fights (Help the elf, that one zombie and the 2 voidwokens) with a Houndmaster Crossbow ready for extremely easy early game because you always start every fight with 2 Houndmaster Shot (pre-battle and 1st turn) which does tons of damage. Grab snipe early, sneak, shoot, shoot houndmaster and you just start off every early game fight with nearly 100 damage. I start my game with Pyro-huntsman so I can have Haste as well and the 2nd turn I shoot will be a double crossbow shot. Look up my tip and trick to have thousands of gold asily in the early game. (And ends the game with like, 10k)

You can also try to push to level 4 by going into all of the secret areas like the Ancient sword, Frog cave, The kid hideout at the elf cave and the inner left cell with the skeleton using the Teleporter glove. Also use the "Pre-cast Teleport on Gawain" and drag him back to kill him to finish the quest without having to find his dead body for another easy thousand of exp.

addict
addict
That one is actually outdated btw and there are better tricks now especially with some bugfix here and there along with the tutorial exp bonus.

Must have Petpal

-Do tutorial until everyone gets knocked out
-Kill the magister in the first room you woke up. Doesn't matter anyway
-Go up and come back down to help everyone then finish the tutorial

-Get the Red prince (always, best husbando material. Actually, you can ignore this step but I recommend it or you're a heathen.)
-Get to town. On the way, collect a Yarrow flower
-Do the part with Ifan protecting the elf
-Recruit people
-Go talk to the weeping mother and do her quest
-Climb up the ladder, talk to Magister, accept her quest to find Migo
-Climb back down, walk past Gawain, he will give you a quest for teleporter glove. Just accept the quest for now
-Watch the guy arguing with lizard dude that gets stabbed. Kill the guy for hurting the master race. You can trigger this with ease with The Red Prince dialogue

-If playing with the Red Prince, get attacked, another free kill.
-Talk to the women npc and tell her about your experience and get her to talk about her family and son. Listen to her. She will give you a restoration scroll. Do this on everyone for 4x restoration scroll.
-Go to the kitchen and enter the hatch to discover the arena of the one. Leave instead of doing fight. Just unlocking area for exp.
-Go to doctor leste with a guy about to die. USe the restoration scroll on him. This gives you EXP.
-Walk past the cave near the doctor. You will see Migo. Give him the Yarrow flower. He will give you a ring with restoration.
-USe the ring and take turn heaing the same guy doctor Leste is treating again. You will get exp for each person healing him. The ring will allow you to save the scroll.
-Talk with the dog to learn about Emmie and get a key.

-Go to the cave the elves are hiding in. Do hide and seek with the kid to get to Withermoore secret location.
-Accept the quest, go back to the shrine in town to get into prison.
-Sneak to grab the key at the houndmaster part and return to the large door in the middle
-The room near the stair going up is the source hound room. TAlk to the dog and mention buddy and how he misses Emmie.
-Go inside the room with houndmaster crossbow (Super strong Ranged weapon get), talk to the dog, grab the key and persuade it to live on.
-continue to do Withermoore quest and complete it.
-With the bow, Teleporter croc are very easy. Kill them. Get the glove.
-Return to the first waypoint with the kids by himself, teleport up the broken stair case and get to the hidden area with the sword (strong warfare weapon get). Grab the Curio chest at the end for more magical gear.
-Return to prison, the inner left cell (across the one with the decaying elf) is another secret room giving you a necklace and free exp
-Return to the elf cave and go in deeper. There's a spot you can teleport up for more exp.

You should have enough weapon and exp to really do anything you want by then with little to no combat, just running around talking for an hour or so and you can beat anything outside magistrate bosses and the large grup in front of the gate with ease.

This kind of pathing is something anyone planning to play Tactician should know as the game pretty much hope you know what you are doing now the moment you play on that mode.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by Saber-Scorpion

I honestly don't understand how you can genuinely have such a fit and be this sincere about it when you are being utterly rediculous.

Don't play tactitian if you don't want to minmax.
Also don't ruin our fun complaining on here to make the game easier for everyone else who do like the challenge - like what the hell is wrong with you?!

I do just fine so far. My toons sometimes die, so I have to run and try again. A lot of encounters I got wiped and had to retry 10 times before I learned to use that oil barrel propperly and beat them with my last man standing. That's exactly the beauty of it. If you don't struggle, you won't learn - that's what tactician should be about.

Go find a mod that fixes your trouble instead of ruining my fun. That would be a smart and healthy thing to do.

edit:
[Linked Image]

Last edited by andmann; 22/09/17 04:02 PM.
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Thanks for the update elezzard, I was too lazy to retype it and also wanted to give credit where it is due.

addict
addict
If I'm not bored, I can also do the current location for nearly every act 2 traders and which one to always visit to get proper legendaries and divines. This way, no one can complain the merchants aren't selling what they want for their chars.

Shame the game ending really leave me as salty as the ocean with the lack of option to make love with the romance partner one last time and my energy fade away as quickly as the screen fade to black after pressing the escape button to skip the credit.

Last edited by Ellezard; 22/09/17 04:17 PM.
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
If you kill Hannag, you get an Ashen Idol of Rebirth btw.

You can then use that to gank Jahan.

Very much enjoying scorched earth tactics on Act 2.

Last edited by Rowy; 22/09/17 04:20 PM.
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Holy hell, Jahan gives 150k XP. smile

addict
addict
Against Jahan, I got my air resist to 100% and spaced everyone apart.

If he can't kill you with chain lightning, he will use something like Oil to a laser ray. If spaced well and have a squishy with low fire resist, he will just teleport behind that one squishy char and use the laser, only killing 1 target so there's no need to also drink fire potion.

Arrow storm to a knock down pretty much destroys him after that (please nerf).

I felt bad though because he was a really nice guy so I reloaded and just avoided turning in the quest since I accepted the demon because the guy was a lizard.

Last edited by Ellezard; 22/09/17 04:27 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
All of you people who think it is too hard HAVE AN OPTION currently. You can go play Classic. For those of us who love a hard challenge, WE HAVE NO OTHER OPTIONS. If you guys get them to nerf tactician, we're screwed!

IF TACTICIAN IS TOO HARD FOR YOU, PLAY CLASSIC MODE!

Last edited by daydark; 23/09/17 01:08 AM.
veteran
veteran
And another one who is missing the point, go play somewhere else, git gud kid.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I did classic playthrough and now go tactician and after having classic playthrough experience, it's really not a big deal. I finished Joy pretty easily with a band of 4 - summoner, tank, enchanter, ranger.

Of course if you charge into shit with all party stacked you get obliterated 80% of the time, but if you take decent positions before a fight, preferrably with height advantage and use tank as a bait for them to toss all their nukes at, while ranger and incarnate murder their softies - it's becoming just fine.

Like Kniles fight, was actually easier than in classic for me this time because unlike first time where I was like "lulz wut do I do?" facetanking him for Rhalic knows what reason, I took ramps with my casters/ranger for insane range and damage boost and sent tank and incarnate to CC and delay him, so I basically killed him before he even had a chance to act, no idea what was that joke in picture before, it's totally unnecessary.

Same with the void dude in the middle of the marsh, it totally murdered my ass in classic... in Tactician I simply took high ground across the wooden bridge, spilled some oil on you have there and my ranger and summoner just nuked all the melee guys trying to pass that bridge slowed from oil and with those out of the way it becomes a whole lot easier.

Now considering that in Classic in Arx I reached a level of party power where I was just about unkillable I have no doubt that Tactician will be manageable and reasonably challenging as it should be.

I do think that if I would not do classic before, I'd get my ass handed to me, but I pretty much avoid all the mistakes and have knowledge of how things work from a get go and it's pretty big there.

Last edited by Gaidax; 23/09/17 01:50 AM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
Kind of sad DOS2 have the same problems as DOS1, the 2nd half of the game becomes ridiculous easy as you acquired OP skills and gears.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by daydark
All of you people who think it is too hard HAVE AN OPTION currently. You can go play Classic. For those of us who love a hard challenge, WE HAVE NO OTHER OPTIONS. If you guys get them to nerf tactician, we're screwed!

IF TACTICIAN IS TOO HARD FOR YOU, PLAY CLASSIC MODE!

I agree. Please do not nerf tactician.

The amount of freedom in DOS2 comes at a price, which is that you can use your environment to "exploit" the game. I absolutely do not think that approaching the game like it is shown in those screenshots is at all necessary to play tactician successfully.

If you don't like Tactician mode, go play classic. Get a mod that increases classic difficulty and you're good to go.

Last edited by Bokajon; 28/09/17 09:37 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
As long as Lone Wolf exists, beating tactician\honor is a joke

Q
apprentice
apprentice
Q
The only problem with Tactician right now is that it is far too easy thanks to the incredibly poorly thought out armor system that trivializes all combat.

To suggest that any problem exists that would require Tactician to be toned down is laughable.

Pisses me off that I have to intentionally gimp my characters to find a challenge while playing on Tactician.

journeyman
journeyman
Step 1: Rain of arrows
Step 2: Win & collect loot & XP

Seriously though - Just a side thought - the OP admitted to using "exploits" (tactics) and is actively telling the devs not to listen to people who use the very same "exploits" he is complaining that he has to use to win.

TLDR:
Don't listen to OP because he exploits.

In my line of work, it's never a quiet day on the market.
apprentice
apprentice
i think using tricks is more fun than just stacking up damage. key act 1 encounters seem to be specifically designed by the devs for tricks, and judging by the amount of systems they implemented to support it, it's clearly what they wanted. i'd like more fights that are nigh unwinnable unless you use the environment, like lure someone into a trap etc.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard