Print Thread
#620206 24/09/17 12:33 AM
R
Rawss Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
How do you create NPC barks? I'm assuming you use triggers?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Rawss #620211 24/09/17 12:56 AM
apprentice
apprentice
I believe you create them in the dialogue editor, though I haven't attempted that.

Rawss #620230 24/09/17 01:53 AM
old hand
old hand
It's kind of hard to answer because there are so many possible ways you could decide to start a voice bark. The mechanics for making the text appear can happen in one of two ways that I know of.

1. Osiris call StartVoiceBark(_VoiceBark,_Character);
Where _VoiceBark is the name of a dialog file containing the possible voice barks and _Character is the GUID of the character to do the barking. You can execute this on any event that fits your goals (character enters trigger, character picks something up, character uses something, a timer expires, etc.)

2. Osiris call DisplayText(_Character, _VoiceBark)
Where _Character is the GUID of the character to receive the floating text and _VoiceBark is a string containing the text to display.

It seems like Origins uses methodology #1, so I would try that route. If you open up Origins and just search for that call StartVoiceBark() you'll see tons of examples and then you can unpack the Data\Localization\English.pak file and open up some of the associated dialogues to see how they are structured.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
Windemere #620272 24/09/17 03:54 AM
R
Rawss Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Where are the dialogue files hiding? I unpacked data/localization/english.pak and didn't get much?

Rawss #635679 04/11/17 11:52 PM
4NZ Offline
stranger
stranger
You can find the Origins dialog files by extracting Origins.pak. You will then find the files in \Story\VoiceBarks

Rawss #635736 05/11/17 04:55 PM
T
addict
addict
T
To further clarify: a voice bark is edited using the voicebark editor. Every entry in a voicebark is an automated dialog (possibly multiple times the same automated dialog) followed by the conditions under which that dialog should be selected (depending on the number of available player speakers, and their tags).

The automated dialogs referenced by the voice barks in turn have to be created in the dialog editor. The dialog editor itself also supports "voice bark" as dialog entry, but the code does not treat this different to "Automated NPC Dialog"s in any way.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard