Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Drim Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hi, after looking through some NPC clothing etc. I got curious if it were possible to make them into proper gear players can equip in GM mode or story mode. Does anyone know if its possible and if so would someone be up for doing it? Stats etc the GM can edit so this is mainly for appearances sake.

[Linked Image]

T
addict
addict
T
That's very unexplored territory for me, but I think it should be possible, yes. It will probably only look good/correct if equipped on the same race as the original one though.

The basic way to do this should be the following:
* Figure out the Visual Resource ID of the equipment item. I think the easiest way to do that is by creating a character of that type, click on "Visual Set Indices" under "Base" in the side bar, and copy the strings from the various visuals (next to the "Random Visual 1" etc buttons).
* Duplicate the root template of an existing piece of similar equipment, go to "Equipment Data" under "Item" in the side bar, click on the button with the three dots, and then replace the Visual Resource ID entries for all races there with the one(s) you found before.

I guess that will only be possible in a satisfying way once Larian releases the promised converter and exporter.
Especially as most NPC armors are actually more like skins. In other words their armor doesn't change their appearance. So one would need to alter and/or separate the needed parts.

Waiting a lot for that myself. Really liked that skirt/robe part that was available as player armor but now is only used by butter, afaik. Made a much better looking mage robe, if slightly reskinned.

Last edited by Seelenernter; 08/10/17 09:08 PM.

Think for yourself! Or others will do it...
journeyman
journeyman
The first two helms and blindfold are all available to any races, when hooked up appropriately as defined above. The remaining pieces are limited to the race and gender you see them on.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard