Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
So I picked up D:OS II and, like many of you I'm sure, I absolutely fell in love with it. If you'll bear with me I'd like to give you a bit of backstory before I cut to the chase and ask my question. (tl;dr at the bottom)

When the first game came out I just kind of payed it no heed because many people defined it as a sort of modern 'Baldur's Gate.' Admittedly, I didn't play BG in its heyday and when I tried to play it later on it really didn't draw me in. Due to the comparison I relegated prematurely D:OS to my personal gaming purgatory. The infamous "I'm sure it's good, maybe I'll play it someday but never do." area of gaming.

When the second one released I immediately felt the same way;however, this time I was more open to it. I was in the mood for a hefty story and slow burn character development to help me unwind from the current nightmarish semester in university. At a decent price of $45 USD and DRM via GOG (this can be a major decider for me, thanks for being pro-consumer Larian) I decided to give it a shot. Such a small thing turned

It didn't take long for it to be all I thought about. When I wasn't playing I was thinking about builds, about what was happening in the story, what scenario or campaign I should make in GM mode, etc. It was then Iknew that when I finished D:OS 2 I would pick up D:OS EE and play through it. It was also then that I picked up the "Divine Ascension" upgrade for the Lore book, art books, and other goodies. I knew they would likely contain spoilers (which the lore book confirms);however, I am curious as to the gravity of them. This brings me to my question:

What kind of spoilers does the lore book contain? Does it contain story spoilers? If so, does it spoil parts of the first and second games? Does it simply spoil lore/deeper knowledge that is obtainable in game? Etc.

I just want something to read in my time away from the PC but I don't know if I should wait until I have completed the games first or not...

Thanks in advance!

tl;dr - Haven't played the first game and currently loving the second. Will go play the first for sure after finishing the second. How much of either game will the lore book spoil and how significant are said spoilers?

Last edited by Chromodyne; 04/10/17 05:53 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
The lore book will only spoil Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity games, and won't spoil Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2. though playing DOS2 already spoils DOS1.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Originally Posted by eisberg77
The lore book will only spoil Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity games, and won't spoil Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2. though playing DOS2 already spoils DOS1.

That's fine with me. I don't particularly mind those games being spoiled. As for playing DOS2 before DOS1 spoiling it, I already assumed that would be the case. Not worried about it.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard