Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Ryukaki Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Hey, wanting to put together a new themed kit for a custom class but running into a problem where new surface types aren't being added to the enum/array of available surface types.

Any time I try to access my new surface type suing the CreateSurface function, it throws me this lovely error:

Surface -2 is out of range!

Category: Code
Count: 1
Timestamp: 05-10-2017 10:49:02:560
Function: eoc::GetSurfaceStateFromType

I assume this is because there's a static array of surface types defined in the surfacetypes there, but maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

I've created a new surfacetype in the RootTemplates and defined all of the components that it seems like I should need, including using my new custom Status type for the effect of walking on the surface, but the system for surfaces is a bit opaque.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

R
Ryukaki Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
I've dug for a few more hours, and still couldn't find any way to make this work. Are these hardcoded?

R
Ryukaki Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Gonna give this one more bump and then let it die a peaceful death, anyone have any insight into this?

enthusiast
enthusiast
I have no clue at all. But would love if this attempt would t die unless it is proofed to be impossible. Keep up ...

H
stranger
stranger
H
Sorry I can't help at all but am already struggeling with a more basic problem.

Can surface properties even be modified except their damage values?
E.g. I want to stop web from piercing armor (should be resisted by magic armor). Changing the status fixes this for the abilty. Sadly I fail to find where I can change this for the effect that's applied from walking across a web surface.

Where are the files specifying surface properties even located?

R
Ryukaki Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
The surface properties are defined in the surface type in the root template manager, and then enumerated in the Status Data property of the surface type:

https://imgur.com/IzHGfCP

These status data entries are defined in the Stats/Potions/ subsection of the data file:

https://imgur.com/Yes8Ihg

and can be modified or whole new ones made in there.

Unfortunately, as above, making a NEW surface type seems to either never compile the new type into the surfacetypes enum, or something else breaks ):

Hope that helps.

Hi,

Adding new surface types is indeed not possible.

R
Ryukaki Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Thanks, any plans to expose this enum any time soon, or should I just pick a new route?

addict
addict
Sorry,
exposing this is not feasible any time soon.

Sincerely,
Kevin

CTRL+K the elf
enthusiast
enthusiast
Hey, I thought I'd bump this, because OP has obviously been messing around with surfaces, and someone that sees it might be able to answer a question.

How do you actually change the properties of surfaces?

More specifically, I'd like to make it so that Poison Surfaces of all types aren't ignitable, but I can't find such a property anywhere. I was thinking that this could change the combat dynamics of the game, make surfaces matter again, and prevent everything from slowly devolving into a hellscape of Cursed Fire.

Anyone come across anything like it? It's driving me nuts. I think it would vastly improve the current situation, but I can't find a way to even test it.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard