Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
MAHak Offline OP
OP Offline
M
This is the campaign that I'm working on, that is when I can find some spare time to do it.

Features:
- Start your journey on what will (hopefully) be an epic -
adventure in the land of Dothnia.
- Set in an original fantasy setting, with a vast amount of lore.

Notes (Will be updated).

- Due to the lore pertaining the scenario, you should only create a character from one of the following races elf, human or dwarf. I don't have the skill nor do I want to use time scripting the lizard and the undead race out of character creation, so do yourself a favour and don't create a character from any of these races.
- Starting equipment reflects the presets class animation, e.g. the Ranger preset class is wielding a bow and will also be equipped with one at game start, so changing the ranger’s skills to warfare will be problematic as it will not equipped with a melee weapon. Only exception is the Wizard preset class, it will be issued a fire staff on game start.

The map:
- Map of Dothnia

The Shadow Shields (lore):
- Lore

Campaign narrative:
- Introduction to Escape from Ocgar Island

Please, when you read the material, bear in mind that english is my second language and creative written is not something I usually do.

Cheers everyone wave

P.S. I hope you find the easter egg that I hid in one of the two texts.

Last edited by MAHak; 05/02/18 09:47 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Looks interesting. I'm liking the lore, seems well thought out with plenty of depth. I'll help you with the English if you wish although it's pretty good already smile

Will be interesting to see how this develops.

Oh and the map is very cool . I'm going to be making something similar for my campaign.

Last edited by Branvex; 06/10/17 10:45 PM.
M
MAHak Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Branvex
Looks interesting. I'm liking the lore, seems well thought out with plenty of depth. I'll help you with the English if you wish although it's pretty good already smile

Will be interesting to see how this develops.

Oh and the map is very cool . I'm going to be making something similar for my campaign.

Oh there is plenty more lore, about 60-80 pages.
It could actually be nice to have someone proofread some of the longer lore entries, that I plan to put out eventually.

I got two more maps, still under construction though, you can see. The first focused on the kingdom of Dothnia where the campaign is to take place. The second is the current world map and the third one is of Thydoria a group of ancient cultures whose land froze over during the Cataclysm about a millenium ago.

- World map
- Thydoria

Again any kind of help, feedback or question are more than welcomed.

Last edited by MAHak; 23/12/17 01:36 AM.
M
M
Hey bro - really nice! you started with scripting that beast (quests) smile? - Also how did you create the worldmap and how will you implement it?

Last edited by monzua; 07/10/17 10:25 PM.
M
MAHak Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by monzua
Hey bro - really nice! you started with scripting that beast (quests) smile? - Also how did you create the worldmap and how will you implement it?

Thanks brah.
No, I haven't started scripting the quest, but since the level is going to be pretty linear, I hope it won't be to cumbersome.
I used a free painting program called Paintbrush for Macs.

I don't intent to implement it to the game, it is rather just a reference point for NPCs in the game.
"Hey my name is ..... and I come from this far of land, whose history is this and that."

Last edited by MAHak; 26/10/17 09:16 PM.
M
MAHak Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Update:
If everything goes as planned the project will enter initial testing phase by this weekend.

Xmas

Sounds good. Always nice to get some kind of closure wink. Is this a stand alone or a GM?

M
MAHak Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Stand alone story. I wouldn't really call it a closure, after this is done I will begin working on the next stage.

Last edited by MAHak; 23/12/17 11:38 AM.
M
MAHak Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Another update: I'm proud to announce that it was possible to enlist the aid of premier mapmaking expert Tiqon, who is now onboard with the project!
Also, everything is coming along nicely and we hope to be open for the general public soon. cool2

Last edited by MAHak; 09/01/18 09:11 PM.
:Blush:

Thanks MAHak, but I'm just adding a rock here and there, I'm just splattering paint on the world your building wink.

M
MAHak Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Another update.

I've just finished the first succesful editor-playthrough of the mod, with no game breaking issues. Only some minor bugs and stuff, plus some tweaking left now wink

I've also come up with a new overall name for the mod; "Shadow's Reflection".

The prologue act is called "Escape from Ocgar Island", this is the one close to release. The one after that has the working title "Swords Drawn".

R
stranger
stranger
R
Any ETA on when the prologue and chapter 1 will be available to play?

M
MAHak Offline OP
OP Offline
M
The prologue within a week I hope, you never know what stunts the editor can pull off.
You will probably have to wait at least a year for the next act, although I'm planning to release a demo teaser within the foreseeable future.

M
MAHak Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hey again all, time for a little update, dare I be so classy as to call it a development diary.

I haven't had the editor open in over a month, my gaming preferences can be compared to a pendulum swinging back and forth from RPGs to strategy games, with a little detour towards FPS every now and then, and now it is swinging back to RPGs.

That doesn't mean that there hasn't been made any progress in the last month, Tiqon has been busy making a map that is coming along very nicely and I've writing 16 pages of dialog for the upcoming demo release of the next act.
Better sheath thy weapon and put on your reading glasses, there won't be any (intended) combat in the demo, but rather a lot of dialogs meant to provide a good deal of lore and insight to the setting of the city of Garl, so much that a writer for Pillars of Eternity would be saying "Less yakking, more hacking".

Hopefully I will be done with all the writing at the end of Easter and then I need a couple of evenings to set up the dialogs and some few scripts properly.

Here is a slight story spoiler, revealing something you will found out a minute or two into playing the next act, however if you haven't played the prologue this will be a big spoiler!.

Once you arrive in Garl you will need to find the local Shadow Master, Terithien, and deliver him the letter from Caulker. You will found him in the middle of a townhall meeting, where many of Garl's important and influential people will be present as well.
Here's picture of the townhall meeting!

Hey guys, I know you're in the middle of a rehearsal, but could you all just stand up and face the camera for a moment, thanks.
[img:center]https://media.discordapp.net/attach...818/unknown.png?width=832&height=468[/img]

Last edited by MAHak; 22/03/18 07:57 PM.
M
MAHak Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hey again.
I couldn’t make my self imposed semi-deadline of being done with dialogs by the end of Easter and scripts plus level building by the end of this week.

The main issue here are the dialogs, they take up the larger part of this release and are loaded with lore and NPCs background histories. Furthermore, I have a habit of making ever expanding background stories (hhhhhmmm this guy needs to have a cousin with a story as well and the cousin needs to have a dog with a background story as well).

The good news is that I got my creative drive back, I was kinda burnt out after releasing the prologue act, and I’m making progress everyday now. So hopefully I can be done with this release sooner and not later, as the whole of May ( and April as well) is exam season, which will consume most of my time in that period.

Last edited by MAHak; 07/04/18 08:46 AM.
old hand
old hand
Glad to see you back at this. smile How long do you think the playtime will be once you finish this next chunk?

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
M
MAHak Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks master Wind. It actually mostly depends on how fast people read, as there is no combat in this 'chunk', only a tsunami of lore and character background dialogs, which is supposed to peak the player's interest in the mod and the underlying fantasy world I've created for it.
In the 'chunk' after this, people will be set loose in a city, so the workload for this 'chunk' coincides with my real life time schedule. Meaning that I should have time to finish it, perhaps in a weeks time*, before exam season which ends abruptly at May 31 for me. After this I have a summer** to create the city and its surrounding areas (which is sort of Tiqon's part).

*MAHak is under no circumstances legally obligated to fulfil any content by the deadline. Shadow's Reflection©, owned by MAHak, a subsidiary to MAHak Group, which is a division to MAHak Holding, an asset of the MAHak Worlwide company, is in no way liable to any existenial crisis, time wasting or general nausea cause by the mod.

**By looking at weather data from Denmark this coming summer, one could be able to predict the rate of progress on the mod. The rainier the weather, the further the mod will be developed.

Originally Posted by MAHak
**By looking at weather data from Denmark this coming summer, one could be able to predict the rate of progress on the mod. The rainier the weather, the further the mod will be developed.

True, we might be ready in June then :D, if we get the same weather as last year! :P.

M
MAHak Offline OP
OP Offline
M
True dat. I don't recall more than 2 consecutive days of sunshine and the total days of sunshine could probably be counted on 2 hands.

M
MAHak Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hallo again everyone, small update here.

Everything is going as planned and I've made good progress in all the three workfields of this next part, world building, story writing and scripting (no less thanks to Laughing Leader who, contrary to his name, has no laughed even once at my noobish scripting questions).
This means that the non-binding planned deadline of 'sometime next week' is still within reach.

Here are some photos of the next part of the adventure.

Garls cityhall

"You call that a dialog node tree? This is a dialog node tree, mate!"

Last edited by MAHak; 15/04/18 08:14 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard