Next Thread
Print Thread
#627740 07/10/17 02:19 PM
O
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
I am attempting to mod the game so that all characters start with 0 or 1 stat points in Strength, Intelligence, Finesse, and Constitution, but have a pool of points (thinking 30) to assign as they wish. I have found the lsx files to edit it by race or by class, but putting the following code in either of those in the mod, and enabling it in my own game doesn't work.

<attribute id="Strength" value="0" type="4"/>
<attribute id="Dexterity" value="0" type="4"/>
<attribute id="Intelligence" value="0" type="4"/>
<attribute id="Constitution" value="0" type="4"/>

<attribute id="NumStartingAttributePoints" value="40" type="4" />

Would anyone happen to know why, or how i could make it work?

enthusiast
enthusiast
So what you would need to edit is Data.txt. Specifically this line: Data.txt.

Normally you need to extract this file, but you can download my gist (right click Raw -> Save As) and place it in the appropriate path to override the base game's Data.txt (it's updated to the values in the latest patch). The path is "Public\Shared\Stats\Generated\Data\Data.txt". Make the folders if they don't exist already.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
There's a specific modding sub-forum for Original Sin 2, this is the forum for Original Sin 1 modding ...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by FrauBlake
There's a specific modding sub-forum for Original Sin 2, this is the forum for Original Sin 1 modding ...

Good catch. I didn't realize, haha.

O
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
Sorry for posting in the wrong thread. I didn't catch that it was for DOS1 either. But thanks for the help anyway LaughingLeader :)

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
No problem, but it might confuse readers expecting D:OS1 stuff here.

(e.g. I was already preparing an answer about how to possibly do it ... in D:OS1, because editing Data.txt would not have helped in D:OS1 at all ;-)

Link Copied to Clipboard