Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
chests full of loot and stuff at enemies to destroy them. Is that true? How many points do you need until you can start throwing stuff from your inventory at enemies?

veteran
veteran
You have to fill a box or chest or something like that with garbage and throw it on the head of your enemies.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
There's a video of someone throwing around those giant pictures you can find to backstab enemies for quite a bit of damage. I don't know how viable that would be for most of the game, and AFAIK, you still need a relatively high STR to take advantage of the heavier items don't you? Or at least, you would think it would be unrelated, but I would keep getting the "too heavy" message when trying to lift heavier objects with TK on a base STR character. Maybe I was just too close and the game was confused, thinking that I manually wanted to lift it? Happened a lot though.

Last edited by Sanctuary; 07/10/17 06:24 PM.
veteran
veteran
Telekinsis only depends on your telekinesis skill not on str if they did not change that.

The object you throw will get the same damage as it puts on the enemie though also I guess on higher level it won't be that usefull because of the numbers inflation.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
You can also have some fun with Noxious Bulbs.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I'd rather just use Terrain Transmutation with death fog personally. It may take a while, but you can exploit the hell out of Act 2 and 4 this way. Telekinesis would be fun to abuse if it didn't eat up the points of the more useful Civil skills.

Last edited by Sanctuary; 07/10/17 06:41 PM.
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
You have to fill a box or chest or something like that with garbage and throw it on the head of your enemies.

But how do you do it? It says something like "no space" when I try to place the object.

Last edited by The MechE; 08/10/17 04:16 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
I discovered this on accident when I was trying to loot and drag something off the ground and accidentally bashed a chest over Red Prince. Damage wasn't terribly high, but practicing around a bit you can get some decent speed on a good toss. Haven't tried it to try and actually damage enemies though.. Just clicked and drag the item and let go of the button while it's still in range (cursor doesn't turn red but stays white) and it should fling it.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by The MechE
Originally Posted by Kalrakh

But how do you do it? It says something like "no space" when I try to place the object.

you have to put it close to the character, not directly on top. just move around and release right when it turns from red to white. also note that you can rotate it with the mouse wheel before dropping. the damage seems to be weight/2, so yeah, not worth it on higher levels damage-wise, but can still be useful for blocking, and telekinesis just costs 1ap. i used to always carry 2 of those 10k 150kg metal boxes on Beast.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Telekinse in fight is rly broken. You can kill 5 or more enemys in one round with this because a unbreakable chest with maybe 9k kg makes 9k dmg and cost only 1 ap to throw with Executioner you can throw the enemy team to death withoutout 1hp dmg taken. You only need to get tanky as fuck and telekinese thats all.

apprentice
apprentice
i never saw it doing too much damage, it seems to be consistently weight/2. maybe on some locations there are super-heavy objects that aren't nailed down (TK doesn't care about the weight, but it can't move unmovable objects), but those are map-specific bugs then, and you won't be able to take those objects with you

S
stranger
stranger
S
here for some spotlight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmy46AoamHU he kill everyone only with telekinse on tactical mode

apprentice
apprentice
well sure if you make a super-heavy container you can do that (it's pretty cool that the game is systemic enough to allow it). but you can't carry it around, you'll have to drag it through the map using TK, and it probably won't go through area transitions. you can get around it using pyramids, but it's just very laborious. TK does crit, but it doesn't benefit from warfare afaik.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
my only experience with this is accidentally hitting the black cat in the head with a barrel i was trying to move and losing 5 attitude with it

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Original Sin EE speedrunners beat the game in about 24 minutes with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmxWJI3KGvc

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard