Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
I wanted to report a bug. Since the last Patch Custom NPCs don't memorise the Spells/Skills given by the GM in GM Mode when they are beeing saved as Template.

I have tested this by doing the following:
Test 1:
I took a Dwarf Warrior Bandit.
Striped him from all Skills.
And gave him 4 Warfare Skills: Battle Stomp, Guardian Angel, Defelecting Shild and Battering Ram. I gave him Axt and a Shield. Saved him as "Iron Dwarf" spawned 3 Iron Dwarfs from the saved Template and gave them someone to bash. Pure KI Fight. Not one used the skills.

Test 2:
Spawned 3 Iron Dwarfs. Possessed one. Released back to KI. Checked his skills through "Manage" all skills memorised, the other two show NONE memorised. Spawned KI Enemys. NONE but the one who was previosly possessed by me used his skills in a KI Fight.

Test3:
Spawned ONE Iron Dwarf. The four Skills showed NOT memorised under "Manage". I possessed him and released him. Deleted the old Template and saved that ONE Iron Dwarf as a new Template. Spawned a new Iron Dwarf from the Template and the four skills showed as not memorised under "managed".
Spawned two Enemys for the two Iron Dwarfs. Again only the one possessed by me previously would use Skills in the KI Fight, the one spawned out of the new Template didn't.

Test4:
Spawned ONE Iron Dwarf from Template. Has skills not memorized. Possessed and released him, now he has Skills memorised. I DUPLICATE him, its clon has the skills NOT memorised.

Summarize:
NPCs don't memorize Skills/Spells given by the GM nor do the Templates once the GM possesd them and you save them.
Changing the Memory Stat had no effect. They get more memory slots but they still don't memorise GM given skills.
Work arround: You need to possess each and every custom NPC on the Game Field to make sure they use their Skills/Spells when the KI controlls them.

For me that is a Problem. Since sometimes I let the KI bash the Players a couple of rounds while a prepare something else.

Game Master from the heart hehe
Thanks! We will take a look

Rocks fall, everyone dies
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
No Problem. Always glad to help

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
There is another work arround:
After you placed all the NSCs you need to posses them one by one. When the module is saved the skills/spells will stay memorized even if you quit the game. Also deactivated NSC will keep skills/spells memorized if you possessed them previously.

Last edited by Fandarin; 12/10/17 09:43 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard