Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
I am on the character creation screen going back and forth and i noticed that if i pick a preset of conjurer, all warfare and scoundrel abilities modifies through intellect. which is awesome. but I wonder, if I dual wield a dagger and wand, with wand in main hand. would i be able to use backstab while having it be modify through intellect? the same goes for warfare abilities that needs a melee weapon (i know staves count but i am curious about wands/sword or axe).
Lastly, since warfare/scoundrel abilities can be modified base on weapon type, does that mean having high Int + wand can = high warfare/scoundrel ability damage? or would strength/finesse still do more.
thank you.

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
The dagger doesn't modify thru Int so I don't think if you dw both dagger and wand the scoundrel abilities will modify thru Int, haven't tried it tho.
Keep in mind the conjurer wields a staff at char creation.

journeyman
journeyman
Ok ... this question actually comes up a LOT.

Tooltips update based on the weapon you're currently equipping.

If you have no weapon equipped, almost all abilities default to scaling with STRENGTH (there are a few exceptions of course).

If you equip a wand / staff, all abilities would list as scaling with INTELLIGENCE.
If you equip a dagger / spear / bow / crossbow, all abilities would list as scaling with FINESSE.
If you equip a sword / mace / ax, all abilities would list as scaling with STRENGTH.

However, the majority of Scoundrel abilities specifically require a Dagger, which scales with FINESSE.

Also, off hand only gets 50% of the normal benefits, so a weapon that uses a different stat that the primary weapon isn't as strong as the main hand weapon.

Last edited by KentDA; 11/10/17 09:31 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
To clarify I loaded up a game and equipped a Dagger in main hand and a Wand in off hand.

Scoundrel Abilities that require a Dagger will ignore the off hand for damage unless its a Dagger.

Damage (on the character sheet) didn't change when equipping Dagger + Wand. The tooltip lists "bonus damage from pyro, etc, etc" but the damage is the same whether you use a single Dagger (no off hand) or Dagger + Wand.

Trying an auto-attack with dagger / wand results in damage from the Dagger, but none from the Wand. In short, the Wand is ignored if dual wielded with a Dagger.

Last edited by KentDA; 11/10/17 08:21 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard