15/10/17 10:27 PM
15/10/17 10:27 PM
S
sansai Offline OP
stranger
sansai  Offline OP
stranger
S

Soooo, my first playthrough stopped short of (probably not too far of) the end of the game at Arx. And will stay there, because after some frustrating stumbling around both ingame and on the internet I discovered I cannot reach Tarquin nor Almira anymore, since "Hall of Echoes-Lady Vengeance" has become unreachable to me as it did to many others who had Malady die at the start of Act 4 (and not quite getting why Malady died in my playthrough but not in others').

And that did it for my will to end this playthrough. Not a game-breaking bug per se, as I'm sure I could still finish the game in those conditions, but certainly a "game-involvement-breaking" one.

Don't get me wrong, though : I had tons of fun playing DOS 2 despite all its flaws, and they are numerous, both in terms of bugs, game mechanics, and the worst quest log ever. And I've played a lot of them. Ever.

I've heard DOS2 called the "new NWN 2" by some cRPG/tabletop RPG enthusiasts around me while I was a only a few hours into it, and it probably deserves the praise on some level (and not without a hint of irony either).
Larian knows how to make good, fun games. I've played a lot of the Divinity series ever since I was sucker punched by DOS 1 and even a quickly dispatched and way too easy game like Dragon Commander does command a modicum of fondness.

DOS 2 is a worthy successor to DOS 1 : it's a fun, epic, enthralling adventure. I've forgotten to end some side quests to keep up with the main arc, that's how captivating it can become (or maybe how confusing the questflow is - I'm pretty sure I was captivated, though).
I'll play it again, I already have a multiplayers playthrough programmed with a few pals.

But frankly, I wish the gold version would be out already. Thought this was it, I guess I misunderstood.
I suppose I'll wait for the Enhanced Edition for the full, polished adventure rather than this raw draft.

Last edited by sansai; 15/10/17 10:34 PM. Reason: lost battle with contumacious BBCode
Re: [BUG] *** Spoilers *** Lady Vengeance @ Arx/Act 4 [Re: sansai] #631539
16/10/17 06:26 PM
16/10/17 06:26 PM
A
Autolycus Offline
stranger
Autolycus  Offline
stranger
A

I don't think this is a bug. I'm fairly certain this is a consequence of action (or lack thereof).

Re: [BUG] *** Spoilers *** Lady Vengeance @ Arx/Act 4 [Re: sansai] #631593
16/10/17 09:50 PM
16/10/17 09:50 PM
S
sansai Offline OP
stranger
sansai  Offline OP
stranger
S

But it makes no sense. Tarquin can go back to the Lady Vengeance but we can't ?

Re: [BUG] *** Spoilers *** Lady Vengeance @ Arx/Act 4 [Re: sansai] #631602
16/10/17 10:29 PM
16/10/17 10:29 PM
K
KentDA Offline
journeyman
KentDA  Offline
journeyman
K

That happens in a lot of games, where the HEROES are locked out from a region / zone, but NPCs can still travel to the region.

Re: [BUG] *** Spoilers *** Lady Vengeance @ Arx/Act 4 [Re: sansai] #631725
17/10/17 02:16 PM
17/10/17 02:16 PM
A
Autolycus Offline
stranger
Autolycus  Offline
stranger
A

I see what you're saying. It kinda doesn't make sense, true. It's not totally outside the realm of possibility though,
Click to reveal..
as Tarquin also manages to travel to an entirely other realm of existence as well.