Next Thread
Print Thread
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
SPOILERS

When you choose the Divine ending for Fane it is showing the God King ending instead, making the Divine ending unavailable currently for Fane. Please fix! I finished my first playthrough last night and wasn't able to see the ending I wanted!

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
I think that is how it is supposed to be though.

Or at least that's what I thought when I got the Fane ending.

If Fane ascends to divinity he brings the eternal back to Rivellon, and with them the God King.

It could be a bug, but this was my interpretation of it.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
the Fane divine ending is on YouTube and used to be available according to others. Currently it's not pulling the right one.

https://youtu.be/BQgyUwF53gQ

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
I was under the impression that this is what you got if you didn't promise to let the eternals return to Rivellon.

I could be wrong, but it's what I got from that conversation with the voidwoken, right before entering the room where Lucian is.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
yes, that is what I am saying...when you choose to become the next divine as Fane previously you got the above ending, but now you get the God King ending. This seems to be a bug as it used to be available and worked, but now choosing it doesn't.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
You misunderstood me.

Right before you enter the final chamber, where Lucian is, if you have Fane on your party a voidwoken will appear and ask you to, when Fane ascends, return the Eternals to Rivellon.

If you tell him that you will do that, you can't get the regular Fane ascension ending, because when he ascends, he will bring back the Eternals, and with them, the God-King (which is one of them).

So unless that specific conversation is meaningless, it is your problem.

On the other hand, if that conversation is in fact meaningless, then you're probably "stuck" until these things eventually get fixed.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
I'll go back a save or two and make sure I chose the right thing, I was trying to play a "good" character so I thought I rejected that.

Last edited by chriseggroll; 21/10/17 03:17 AM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
Hi,

I finished my game playing with Fane today and got the same issue :(.
This is really, really disappointing, that after playing 60+ hours the ending depends on a small and on the first glance meaningless conversation with a little voidwoken ?!

Why not adding a new dialog-option at the end where you can chose to bring the eternals back or not. This ending really ruined the game for me... just like ME3 :/.

It would be really great, if larian would adress this issue.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard