Next Thread
Print Thread
#632429 20/10/17 09:47 AM
Z
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
So I have played Ifan and the Red Prince since the start of the game as two Lone Wolf characters. I am now at the Lunar Gate.
The game crashes when I click on the Lunar gate. There should be a conversation at this point I think, but the conversation never quite starts. Whichever character clicks on the gate disappears completely along with the entire UI. I am left with whatever character didn't click on the gate standing with no-one to talk to and no possible actions.
Thinking that a possible solution might be to dismiss the Red Prince I tried that but this also crashes the game. The camera switches to the Red Prince on the Lady Vengeance and then just stops. Once again the UI has disappeared and I cannot perform any actions or change to Ifan.
I have gone back through all autosaves and quick saves and in every case when I dismiss the Red Prince the same thing happens.
Whether related or not I had noticed earlier in the game that at some point I could not separate the two characters. I can drag them so that the 'chains' are broken and they appear to be separate but moving either one moves both.

veteran
veteran
Using any mods?

apprentice
apprentice
There're a few possibilities about what exactly is happening.

Some mods can really crash the game, even thought it's rare and hard, as i use over 10 and the game is working properly. So i suppose (don't be offended, it's just a supposition) that your game isn't original and maybe it's missing files, however if it's actually original, i suggest you to verify files and apply the latest patch if it wasn't updated yet, if still doesn't work, maybe you could try share your savegame with someone and get him/her to test, if it doesn't work, then it's something on your save sadly. I can't help you with that at moment tho. =/

Ummm... Hi?
veteran
veteran
My best alternative solution that may or may not work at all, is to get your savefile and open it up in the converter app to inspect the flags and tags your save has and compare it with that moment in the story script to see what flags / tags it looks for and add/remove what ever your savefile is missing. Which would be a fairly long shot.

Z
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
I wasn't aware that you could use mods so, no, not using any.

As to the suggestion about comparing the save file with story flags; how exactly would I do that and how would I know what flags should or should not be set?

veteran
veteran
I could 'try' for you. Open up the level in the editor and look around a bit in that particular area of the campaign and your savefile and see if I spot any glaring faults.

Can find your profile at \Users\YourUser\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\PlayerProfiles. If you could zip that and upload it someplace for me to download then I could try (without promises) to see if I can get it working on my end after dinner smile

Z
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
Ok, here's a link to the last save file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wwt4b9vnk0muqrp/The%20Nameless%20Isle%20-%2052h35m.lsv?dl=0

Thanks, and good luck.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard