Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Hey

I created new entries to override vanilla skill traders.
I created FTJ_Skillbook_Fire, ST_Skillbook_Fire, same with FireTrainer, etc ... That part is ok.

BUT I added several books and the vendor only sells a few books, most books I added are not shown. He's supposed to sell 25 books, but only sell a few like 7 or 8.

How can I force him to sell the whole 25 books ? All of them have been set to Act 1 already, with 1,1 DropCount and 1 Frequency.

Last edited by Volsungh; 24/10/17 10:23 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
I don't have the Editor with me right now but when I was messing with them I remember in Shared there was already a category for Skillbooks separated in Start, Mid and End game. You could maybe already use those in your Treasure table and assign them to a new table with subtables for each of those already existing categories.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
That's not working, now I don't see any custom skill and barely 4 books instead of 25.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Alright this is getting really ridiculous.

I opened Fort Joy and I verified what treasuretable traders use, it's FTJ_Skillbook_RangerTrainer etc...

So this is my custom FTJ_Skillbook_RangerTrainer in the editor, same way as in Shared/DOS2 :

https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/591486ScreenStats.png [Linked Image]

And this is what I get in game :

https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/171716ScreenIG.png [Linked Image]

All my skills have been set to Starter tier, and all my Object Skillbooks have been set to Act 1. Still, I can't see them when talking to vendors in Fort Joy. Spent the whole evenig on it, I dont get what is wrong cause nothing looks wrong to me .. And yes I tried to Restock but it's the same.

EDIT: I think I figured what is wrong. The Export function in the Editor is completely bugged. It doesnt export the data correctly in the .txt and I had this same bug before with the SkillSet data.

Last edited by Volsungh; 24/10/17 11:38 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Ok, I messed with it tonight and I get the same thing as you, but I think I made some progress. I think it might be tied to your level. I added some levels to the character and I got more choice of skillbooks. Try giving yourself some levels using CTRL-SHIFT-L while on top of your character and speak to the vendor again.

I think you are right with the Export too, I got that bug too on another mod. I would kill for some documentation on this part of the Editor, oh well.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
It's not the Level because I have set all my skills/books to Minlevel 1, Starter Tier, Act 1.
It's definitely the Export function that mess the data. I made it work after manually editing the TreasureTable.txt myself, which was a pain.

Last edited by Volsungh; 25/10/17 12:23 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
I can imagine, maybe report it in the Troubleshooting section so they can look at it.

Désolé de ne pas avoir été capable d'aider plus.

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Well that explains why even simple changes I made to the treasure tables seems to have no effect (was just trying to add eggs an feathers to bird nests and hen houses) frown

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard