Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#633380 24/10/17 11:43 PM
Ghatt Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey guys,

I'm currently trying my hand at creating some summoning type skills for my mod and have noticed that the summons scale with the summoning character's level. This doesn't sound terrible in theory, but in practice it makes the summons a bit tougher than other NPCs of the same level.

I'm trying to make a couple summoning skills that produce weaker summons. Does anyone have an idea on how to accomplish this? I don't necessarily want my summoned zombie to have 500 hp and 50+ armor and do 90 damage when summoned from a 10th level character.

Thanks

Last edited by Ghatt; 24/10/17 11:44 PM.
Ghatt #633382 24/10/17 11:47 PM
journeyman
journeyman
I think you are approaching this problem incorrectly.

You should be creating weak creatures that scale in level, with better summons either having better base stats, more attractive skill options, or better scaling.

This keeps the spell relevant for hybrids, as a level 5 Zombie is pretty useless by level 8. You are punishing hybrids for no reason.

That being said, if you are dead-set on this, you can cast a spell at a location and listen for it in script. Then create a unit from a unit template and level it up to the desired level.

Ghatt Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Sinistralis
I think you are approaching this problem incorrectly.

You should be creating weak creatures that scale in level, with better summons either having better base stats, more attractive skill options, or better scaling.

This keeps the spell relevant for hybrids, as a level 5 Zombie is pretty useless by level 8. You are punishing hybrids for no reason.

That being said, if you are dead-set on this, you can cast a spell at a location and listen for it in script. Then create a unit from a unit template and level it up to the desired level.

This one may be a tad harder than I imagined, cause some of your post went right over my head, lol. I'm not really sure what listen for it in the script means to be honest.

To clarify a bit, when I attempted to create a new zombie, I didn't see any stat options available to tweak other than some presets. Am I correct in assuming that I'd have to create this new creature in the root template and then edit its stats in stats-->characters?

What I'm trying to do is create summons from corpses and make them count as totems so more than one can be on the field at a time, but make them weaker than full blown one at a time summons. Something more akin to cannon fodder than a real threat in one on one combat. I've tweaked the bloated corpse skill to accomplish most of it already, but I definitely don't want a swarm of godlike zombies running around, lol.

I'm off to tinker about, thanks for advice.

Last edited by Ghatt; 25/10/17 12:26 AM.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard