Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
The formations have been bugged since it was introduced in early access. It's been close to 10 months since it was introduced and it has still not been fixed 2 months after the game's official release. This is a basic CRPG mechanic that games in the 90s have properly working but this CRPG made in 2017 cannot have the same basic formation mechanic working? This should be higher on the priority list of bugs to fix.

E
E
Oh. I didn't even know there were formations available. How is it done? I have experienced some weird combat occurrences where my four party members where walking together and when combat starts one of them never get into it. Pretty annoying.

veteran
veteran
It's because this game is not like those games in the 90s, you had either everything turn based or not. Also never cared about formations here anyway. If you see a fight coming you probably place the heroes unchained anyway.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
It's because this game is not like those games in the 90s, you had either everything turn based or not. Also never cared about formations here anyway. If you see a fight coming you probably place the heroes unchained anyway.

Then why have the formation options in the game to begin with? It clearly works except it unintentionally puts your selected character in the front (which is still an unfixed bug). Also what do you mean it's not like those games in the 90s. The previous Original Sin which came out in 2014 also had working formations. Does that count as a 90s era game too? And what about the fights you don't see coming or what about when combat is surprise initiated through dialogue? There's a lot of times where you can unchain and fight but there's ALSO a lot of times where having your characters in proper formation would help especially if you're playing a mage or rogue or anything that isn't a fighter or knight.

Based off your logic: Don't fix any bugs because it doesn't affect me. It's okay Larian. Don't fix the Tarquin bug, it doesn't affect me.

Last edited by SourceHunter; 07/11/17 11:50 PM.
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by eLPuSHeR
Oh. I didn't even know there were formations available. How is it done? I have experienced some weird combat occurrences where my four party members where walking together and when combat starts one of them never get into it. Pretty annoying.

If you press Esc, you should see formation as one of the options. But don't bother, it's still bugged and people are still defending Larian for not fixing it.

Last edited by SourceHunter; 07/11/17 11:49 PM.
veteran
veteran
It did not say, they should not fix it. I just said, why most probably do not even realise, that there is any kind of bug. There are so many flaws in the game, I don't even play it at the current state anyway.

veteran
veteran
I was wondering what you were talking about, but that was because I had a melee character in the lead usually. Now that I have an archer as my main, I see the problem. Characters don't move to the spot in formation where they should be. Yeah, that should be fixed.

E
E
Originally Posted by SourceHunter
Originally Posted by eLPuSHeR

If you press Esc, you should see formation as one of the options. But don't bother, it's still bugged and people are still defending Larian for not fixing it.

Thanks. I will test it anyway to see how it fares.

W
apprentice
apprentice
W
I also dont like the fact that some fights start and my group is not where i want it to be. Though it does feels like normal (rpg wise) as you never know when a fight is gonna start. The problem is that positioning is half a victory or defeat so my suggestion would be the following.
When a fight start there should be a free round for all the characters and npcs to position in the battlefield. This round is affected by initiative and players can only move and not use any spells/skills. Also cannot move objects or benefit from attacks of opportunity or even move a character too close to an opponent and there should be a limitation on maximum distance moved from starting point.Just couple of meters should do the trick. If properly ballanced it could upgrade the fighting experience by a lot,otherwise it could also destroy it.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard