14/11/17 08:06 PM
T
TheMonkeyMan Offline OP
stranger
TheMonkeyMan  Offline OP
stranger
T

Heya,

So Im getting a basic understanding of the function of triggers, and I wanna use a Region trigger/CameraLock trigger/Cull trigger to keep people from peeking out of my level. However, my level is not a perfect square, nor circle, and Im not quite sure how the polygon function works. So at this point whatever I do people can still peek out of the map at certain points. Placing two CameraLock triggers next to eachother just makes the camera freak out when I move from one to the other. I know that e.g. in the L corner maps of GM mode they got a single L shaped CameraLock trigger. So how do I get my triggers to get a different shape? I mean I could fill the remaining area with rock (cave lvl), but that would take a little while.

PS: Is this the right forum section to post these things? Or am I posting stupid questions in a way more advanced forum section :p?

Re: Combining Trigger Areas [Re: TheMonkeyMan] #637083
14/11/17 08:56 PM
14/11/17 08:56 PM
United Kingdom
Branvex Offline
journeyman
Branvex  Offline
journeyman

United Kingdom
Best to use the polygon function. Place the camera lock trigger on the outskirts of where you want the bounds to be, then click "add control points" and place several of them along the boundary of your level. Then use the "set height of trigger" thing on one of the control point pillars to change the height of the bounds. Then you can see the camera lock bounds by pressing control+t.

Re: Combining Trigger Areas [Re: TheMonkeyMan] #637256
16/11/17 04:47 PM
16/11/17 04:47 PM
T
TheMonkeyMan Offline OP
stranger
TheMonkeyMan  Offline OP
stranger
T

That worked like a charm! Thanks a bunch!

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Larian_Koala