Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
A while ago, I notified Larian_JB about this issue and he confirmed receiving the memo, but I'm posting here in hopes that perhaps someone have found / will find a workaround until a fix is pushed. I also hope this post will work as a reminder to Larian as I find it to be a rather important matter.

The issue is this:

If you make a level and paint it with instances such as grass, bushes etc, with the intent of using said level as a level template to be added to a larger main level later (example: extra cave to be added to Fort Joy), any and all instance painting you've made will not appear on the level template you add to Fort Joy (in said example), neither in editor nor in-game.

Perhaps there is some hidden "button" to make this happen as a last step, but I've yet to find any solution.

The amount of land in mention at least in my case would cover roughly 300% the size of Fort Joy in total thus far, and re-painting said amount of lands would be a daunting task, and arguably an unnecessary one as again, level templates should bring everything in the level over, otherwise it renders the level template functionality somewhat incomplete.

I am delaying adding most of my content into Fort Joy for episode 1 as long as possible, hoping a fix will be released before I hope to start playtesting, otherwise I'll need to binge a few seasons of something on Netflix while doing a portion of the work twice. ouch

Hi,

The issue regarding level templates and painted instances has been looked into, but the fix will most likely not be in the next patch.

Last edited by Larian_JB; 28/11/17 03:29 PM.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard