Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Hey there I'm new into the Divinity series and there's a little question bothering me I hope you guys can help me with. So, there's Sebille and there's Saheila. Both of them are female elves. So why in the world Sebille looks so much taller than Saheila? Is it Saheila being too short for her kind (other female elves in the cave camp of Fort Joy are same height as Sebille) or is there something more?

(Also I'm so totally in love with the game!)

where the hell is all the divinity fanfiction??
veteran
veteran
Interesting observation! I have three theories to this.

The first and most likely being elves, similar to us humans, come in all sorts of heights.

Second theory is that perhaps the source collar wasn't Sebille's first. Perhaps her old Master preferred posture collars, giving her a bit of a stretch.

The third, I cannot say without spoiling her story line, but it ties back to her origins and perhaps that is of a separate clan.

Isn't it just that Saheila's a child?

Trap Strats: DOS1:EE? Cheese - DOS2? Mashed potatoes - Proper nutrition is key to dungeon delving.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I'd assume it's just natural height variation. I mean IRL, my friend is 5'1", my sister-in-law is 6', and I'm right in the middle, and that's just from a small sample size.

I can't speak for OS2's internals as I haven't successfully modded it yet, but e.g. Fallout 4 allows you to specify a range of heights for any given NPC (or group thereof) which will be chosen at random.

Last edited by vometia; 25/11/17 03:47 PM. Reason: Accidental Spın̈al Tap units

J'aime le fromage.
J
apprentice
apprentice
J
Originally Posted by CatR

I'm pretty sure it's this. If you talk to Elodi, the elf you can save from thugs in Fort Joy square, she'll tell you why the elves follow Saheila, despite the fact that she's a child. If you notice, every other elf in the game is the same size Sebille is.

Last edited by JosieJ; 25/11/17 06:52 PM.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
No 'cos you can kill her.

Not suggesting you should but you can kill Sahelia and you can't kill children. I've tried (please forgive me and keep it under your hat(s) everyone).

I know IRL someone who is short and also (surprisingly) someone else who is tall so there goes that theory as well.

Just one of those things I reckon.

Originally Posted by lx07
No 'cos you can kill her.

Not suggesting you should but you can kill Sahelia and you can't kill children. I've tried (please forgive me and keep it under your hat(s) everyone).

I know IRL someone who is short and also (surprisingly) someone else who is tall so there goes that theory as well.

Just one of those things I reckon.

One of her story arcs involves her death, and she is targeted by multiple factions. She is an adolescent regardless of the game-rules regarding other children.

Trap Strats: DOS1:EE? Cheese - DOS2? Mashed potatoes - Proper nutrition is key to dungeon delving.
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Thank you guys for the replies! I have wondered if it migth be her age too but her voice sounded too mature for me to really consider that option. Come to think of it, Amiro calls Saheila a child too but then again I believed that was some sort of elvish figure of speech. (I'm so used to the shorter dragonage elves that I'm having trouble with the divinity elves laugh I guess I'll be headcanoning Sebille to be as tall as Saheila)

where the hell is all the divinity fanfiction??
Originally Posted by birdroid
Thank you guys for the replies! I have wondered if it migth be her age too but her voice sounded too mature for me to really consider that option. Come to think of it, Amiro calls Saheila a child too but then again I believed that was some sort of elvish figure of speech. (I'm so used to the shorter dragonage elves that I'm having trouble with the divinity elves laugh I guess I'll be headcanoning Sebille to be as tall as Saheila)

The VA is definitely confusing, but I guess it was hard to find talented ones at 16ish years of age?

journeyman
journeyman
I'd think she's younger than 16 (or equivalent in elven age) since even now you wouldn't tend to call a 16 year old a child, unless talking in legal terms. I mean, 16 year olds don't tend to be about 2/3 the height of an adult. They're more or less adult sized. She seemed more like she was meant to be the equivalent of 10 or so.

And to the OP - elves are traditionally taller than humans, it's just that DA was just reversing things to try to differentiate itself - so elves are small and live in slums rather than being tall and living in amazing magical cities. Wizards are imprisoned in towers and are on a very low social strata rather than lording it over everyone else from their own personal tower. And so on.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Elves can be shorter elsewhere too, such as the Elder Scrolls' infamous bosmer. I hadn't really thought much about Saheila's age other than being most likely a teen of some sort; and as someone who's 50 next year, I feel entitled to call anybody under 40 "child". biggrin Kids today etc.

J'aime le fromage.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard