Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
My goal is to make a simple add-on that changes spears' damage to scale from strength rather than finesse. How would I go about doing this, if it's actually even possible? It can't be as simple as just changing the requirements from Finesse 12 to Strength 12, but I'm almost entirely unfamiliar with modding games beyond altering textures so that's my only lead at the moment. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!
I posted this same topic in the Guides section of the forum, but then realized it's probably more suited for here- if that violates any rules I'll gladly make any changes I need to.

L
L
Changing the requirement is enough, actually.

apprentice
apprentice
Decided to ask it here.

Trying to male a status_damge to scale with a certain attribute.

I rember it worked for me when I:
1) made a new status_damage
2) attached a weapon to it in "DamageStats"
3) entered "Strength 0" in "Requirement" tab.
All was fine, it scaled properly.

But now it doesnt..
It's one of two - I messed up when testing, or just broke smth.
Trying to figure out when I was wrong =)

S
stranger
stranger
S
Just did this now, go to Stats->Weapons and then just change the requirement for spears from Finesse 12 to Strength 12.

I have a similar question, is there any way to change the weapon and armor requirements to change depending on your highest stat?

So if my highest stat is intelligence, swords will require intelligence instead of strength?

apprentice
apprentice
@Sinriel
To do smth like this I had to turm off all scalings and make a new ones from scratch with lots of scripting and ~1000 custom statuses.

If there is a better way would like to know it too.

If you want just to have a highest attribute scaled weapon then some workarounds are possible I gues.

Smth like making new copies of all weapons, scaled and setup for each attribute. And when picked up, check characters stats and replace with the one that is scaled with it, using ItemTemplates and strings.
Scripting heavy again.

Last edited by Module 003; 03/02/18 02:22 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard