Divinity: Into The Abyss Is a new campaign for Divinity: Original Sin 2, it will take the player to a whole new land, add some new systems to the game, improved and customized AI and above all a new R.T.S.(Real Time Strategy) mode where the player gets to create a faction and lead it across the new and some old maps.
The new world and the events bound to happen there interact and are based upon the events of D:OS2 and the player choices, as the campaign unfolds you will get to decide the fate of Rivellon as Damian, the dark one returns and lays war upon the realm.
Concurrently a new terror seems to approach from the great beyond, a terror so colossal, even The God King and the Divine tremble with its approach, will this be the age of dead gods, will new gods arise? Find out for yourself ...
- New world with 70km²
- R.T.S. system
- Building and Crafting systems
- Manage your own faction
- Unique companions
- Large scale battles
- An epic main Storyline with hundreds of side quests
- A family system
- Raise a pet ♥
- Deep choices that affect the world as it develops
Release date: TBA
There is an alpha coming out very soon, with the campaign prologue and most of the features.
In the alpha the available features at start will be:Family system, Building system, Pet system, Prologue quests and regions.
More features and testing regions will be added as the mod develops but the whole mod will only come out together, at a later date.
I don't like to hand out spoilers.
Now for the concrete stuff, what is done so far :
- Building system. (there are 3 buildings available so far and since i have to mathematically describe each building template it might take a while to add all the options and variations) - Companion system. - Romance system. - Day/Night cycle. - Family system. - Improved out-of-combat AI. (Will need a lot of feedback on this ♥) - New terrain and water technique. (Lots of feedback also needed on this - Medium scale battles. - Enemy respawn system. - Random event generator. (This will need a lot of feed back as well, especially since it is generated by code and made almost randomly i cannot test all the outcomes alone) - Insult simulator
I would also like to ask for everyone to fill this form as it will help the team prioritize the features propperly and have an overall better workflow.
So, before today's update, i'd like to say that, the alpha release might be pushed back a bit, i think a matter of days, the reason is that i want to be sure i squash all the bugs in the current build before opening it up for everyone.
Now the list of the day:
- Finally managed to create an ocean shader that looks good, took a long time on this as this shader can now be considered permanent, no more tweaking for it at least.
- Finished implementing the day cycle, it still need tweaks in regard to coloring and shadows but its functional for now.
- Started working on two new systems: Automated Assisted Battle System (AABS) and Automated Unattended Battle System (AUBS), i will talk more abot AI and combat in the next update ♥
- Fixed some logic errors on the building system.
- Implemented 2 new quests.
- Started work on new heads for the human female template.
- First version of the AI daily life system implemented.
- Documented almost all the assets from the mod.
- Reformatted the mod structure and documents to improve workflow.
- Work on the prologue is about 70% done.
- Finished the first geography modeling pass on the world terrain.
(The flickering is because i had to go crazy on shadow render distance and some other LODs, will not happen while in-game)
- Bunch of coding and other stuff that won't sound interesting at all :P
Hopefully i can squash the bugs and implement all the alpha features soon.