Next Thread
Print Thread
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Divinity: Into The Abyss
Is a new campaign for Divinity: Original Sin 2, it will take the player to a whole new land, add some new systems to the game, improved and customized AI and above all a new R.T.S.(Real Time Strategy) mode where the player gets to create a faction and lead it across the new and some old maps.

The new world and the events bound to happen there interact and are based upon the events of D:OS2 and the player choices, as the campaign unfolds you will get to decide the fate of Rivellon as Damian, the dark one returns and lays war upon the realm.

Concurrently a new terror seems to approach from the great beyond, a terror so colossal, even The God King and the Divine tremble with its approach, will this be the age of dead gods, will new gods arise? Find out for yourself ...

Features :

• - New world with 70km²
  • - R.T.S. system
  • - Building and Crafting systems
  • - Manage your own faction
  • - Unique companions
  • - Large scale battles
  • - Vehicles
  • - An epic main Storyline with hundreds of side quests
  • - A family system
  • - Raise a pet ♥
  • - Deep choices that affect the world as it develops

Release date:
TBA

There is an alpha coming out very soon, with the campaign prologue and most of the features.

In the alpha the available features at start will be:Family system, Building system, Pet system, Prologue quests and regions.

More features and testing regions will be added as the mod develops but the whole mod will only come out together, at a later date.

I don't like to hand out spoilers.

Now for the concrete stuff, what is done so far :

- Building system. (there are 3 buildings available so far and since i have to mathematically describe each building template it might take a while to add all the options and variations)
- Companion system.
- Romance system.
- Day/Night cycle.
- Family system.
- Improved out-of-combat AI. (Will need a lot of feedback on this ♥)
- New terrain and water technique. (Lots of feedback also needed on this laugh
- Medium scale battles.
- Enemy respawn system.
- Random event generator. (This will need a lot of feed back as well, especially since it is generated by code and made almost randomly i cannot test all the outcomes alone)
- Insult simulator laugh

I would also like to ask for everyone to fill this form as it will help the team prioritize the features propperly and have an overall better workflow.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1TJ1eC-eLcHEchIuqR0UISMp0_sB2rXAtlluezkPF73Q/edit

The Abyss Team:
Bloodworth smile ♥

Folks that helped or are helping a lot and i'd like to thank:

- Windemere
- The Composer
- LaughingLeader
- SimranZenov
- Abyssal Gaze
- RestingLichFace
- Helaene
- Erikem

( IMAGES )

The Prologue firts area.
[Linked Image]

The building system
[Linked Image]

Editable water plane ♥
[Linked Image]

Very alpha vehicle system
[Linked Image]

The new 70km² you'll call home
[Linked Image]

( F.A.Q. )

Will update as questions arrive.

Last edited by BloodyWorth; 24/01/18 01:22 PM. Reason: Added form link
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Thank you Raze ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Last edited by BloodyWorth; 20/01/18 11:26 PM. Reason: Love
M
M
Wow.... Just, wow.
That looks really amazing and all those features... well it's certaintly not lacking in ambitions. Definitely going to play it on release!

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Glad you like it, i just got one of my friends to help me with the lore and quests so that will speed things up wink

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Just added a form link to the main post, i would also like to add it here for everyone : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1TJ1eC-eLcHEchIuqR0UISMp0_sB2rXAtlluezkPF73Q/edit

This form will help A LOT in the development of the mod and i would be really gratefull if everyone could fill it ♥

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Tally ho!

So, before today's update, i'd like to say that, the alpha release might be pushed back a bit, i think a matter of days, the reason is that i want to be sure i squash all the bugs in the current build before opening it up for everyone.

Now the list of the day:

- Finally managed to create an ocean shader that looks good, took a long time on this as this shader can now be considered permanent, no more tweaking for it at least.

[Linked Image]

- Finished implementing the day cycle, it still need tweaks in regard to coloring and shadows but its functional for now.

- Started working on two new systems: Automated Assisted Battle System (AABS) and Automated Unattended Battle System (AUBS), i will talk more abot AI and combat in the next update ♥

- Fixed some logic errors on the building system.

- Implemented 2 new quests.

- Started work on new heads for the human female template.

- First version of the AI daily life system implemented.

- Documented almost all the assets from the mod.

- Reformatted the mod structure and documents to improve workflow.

- Work on the prologue is about 70% done.

- Finished the first geography modeling pass on the world terrain.

(The flickering is because i had to go crazy on shadow render distance and some other LODs, will not happen while in-game)

- Bunch of coding and other stuff that won't sound interesting at all :P

Hopefully i can squash the bugs and implement all the alpha features soon.

Help us by filling this quick form about what would you want us to prioritize :
https://goo.gl/forms/7Y2rvRcDnqC2V8Jf1

Also, we are looking for willing souls to join the modding side of the force:
http://www.moddb.com/company/abyss-team

With love ♥

Bloodworth

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
I've decided to transform the mod in a standalone game, so i'll be sharing with you folks the codes i've done so far so you can use them at will, with credit please smile

These include the building system and some other things:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sPdCLfa3g91hBYf3z8zmawMiOkq07w36?usp=sharing

I'll make sure to put a bunch of easter eggs on the game about Larian and this amazing community ♥

Link Copied to Clipboard