Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Hello, i've been trying some crazy things on the editor for a while now and i found some things that i'm not quite sure how to implement :

- Render target : I've messed around it a while, i thought it might be linked to how the game generates the character portraits and wanted to try using it for generating "paintings" and "fake" windows etc... But i cannot find a way to link the camera and the texture.

- Despawning or deleting items : I've been trying to optimize the mod as much as possible but i can't find a way to delete created objects from a level.

- Disabling Combat initiation : I needed to diable the combat initiation in some parts of the mod, at least the part where the character pulls out its weapon and the turn display pops up.

- Replicating the sitting animations tied to an object : I wanted to replicate the boat scene in the tutorial, and i've figured that the boat has some nodes for the dummies to attach to on it's rig, but couldn't find the way it was done on behavior script.

- Importing a textured mesh : All the custom meshes that i was able to add, didn't import the material nor the texture/normals and since the material editor is not working for now, i would like to know if there is a workaround.

- Creating custom AI hints : I tried to create a new AI hint template that i need to create via story, and it gives me an error and creates a new point trigger instead with no name.

I hope someone has some answer for these areas, i've found almost no documentation about them.
Thanks in avdvance.

Last edited by BloodyWorth; 04/02/18 02:05 PM.
L
L
I can help with some of these:

Originally Posted by BloodyWorth
- Despawning or deleting items : I've been trying to optimize the mod as much as possible but i can't find a way to delete created objects from a level.

The Osiris command ItemRemove should delete items.

Disabling Combat initiation : I needed to diable the combat initiation in some parts of the mod, at least the part where the character pulls out its weapon and the turn display pops up.

Is it just the overlay and the drawing of weapons you're trying to block, or the entire initiation of combat (with objects shifting from the PEACE to the COMBAT state, and the initiative order stance)?
If it's the latter, you can simply disable CanJoinCombat on these objects. This can be done in the sidebar.
Alternatively, if you need to change this at runtime, you can use the Osiris call: https://docs.larian.game/Osiris/API/SetCanJoinCombat. Even if you're not doing it dynamically, the notes on that page are a useful read to understand the difference between CanJoinCombat and CanFight.
Doing the former will be harder. I don't think you can start the initiative order and have the entire combat setup occur without the popup and the weapons being drawn.

Replicating the sitting animations tied to an object : I wanted to replicate the boat scene in the tutorial, and i've figured that the boat has some nodes for the dummies to attach to on it's rig, but couldn't find the way it was done on behavior script.

The game's scripting, behaviour script or Story, doesn't interact with dummies or rigs. For a character to sit on an item, you need the sitting use action and dummies in the rig. That should be sufficient for most cases.
The tutorial escape boat is a special case in that clicking on the boat needs to start a dialogue, so instead, the item on which the characters are 'sitting' is the boat's suspension.

Creating custom AI hints : I tried to create a new AI hint template that i need to create via story, and it gives me an error and creates a new point trigger instead with no name.

This is not something normally done via Story. How are you trying to do this?

apprentice
apprentice

- Importing a textured mesh : All the custom meshes that i was able to add, didn't import the material nor the texture/normals and since the material editor is not working for now, i would like to know if there is a workaround.

One of the options would be to make everything manual.
When I was importing mesh + textures for the first time I didnt even know there is a material editor... =)

Find a material of needed type (there are alot of them, choose smth simillar to your needs).
- Create new from selected
- Add your textures
- Tweak the matt values if there are some.

The problem here is that you'd better have an unwrap grid for your meshes. And all the glossy/reflect/bump(or whatever the matterial type you choosed supports) effects are made with textures, wich is hard to do (at least some basic knowlage about rendering is needed), and all tweaks should be done in some graphic software, with tweak/import headache.

In general, you'll have just a bit less control, mb a few options will be missing, will have to tweak/import textures for 100500 times before you'll like the looks, but it is possible.

If you dont have an unwrap grid - it will still work, there wont be much difference between using mattEditor and manualy made matt+textures. But you wont have the "preview at once" option, so tweaking may take some time.

Last edited by Module 003; 05/02/18 01:12 AM.
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Wow, this helped a lot.

On the combat: my idea was disabling the turn based combat 100%, and only let the npc's attack each other without triggering the vanilla combat.

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Goo to know, i'll try this method, thank you very much ♥

L
L
That would be accomplished by turning off CanJoinCombat on every character in the game.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard