Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
Hi.

So about a week ago I noticed in my saved campaign (which I have been running with my friends since October) that all NPCs I had put out in scenes got their combat abilities and talents reset to the template I had created them from.

The skills and items remained.

A player pointed out "Ehrm, GM, that big dude called Imperial Necromancer only have 1 on necromancy".

I felt stupid, had I actually forgot to put out the abilities on my NPC? But of course, I hadn't.

I spent a lot of time putting them all back, and next time I went into the campaign: reset again (!). As you can understand this is almost game breaking.

Fortunately I am careful enough to save most of my NPCs to Exported Creatures. But right now I cannot put any creatures in my scenes. I have to put them there, and swap them out when the characters come across them.

Anyone else noticed this?

H
stranger
stranger
H
Same thing has been happening to me. It's quite annoying. Talents seem to be broken too. For instance picture of health and sometimes other health increasing abilities don't work. If I load an area certain NPC's will be missing health but can't be healed or set higher. And if I reload the area again their max health was lowered to this new amount. This is quite annoying, I'm constantly deleting and re-spawning NPCs so they're correct.

Last edited by HexagonalMX; 11/03/18 09:34 PM.
C
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
Any dev that could shed some light on this?

R
stranger
stranger
R
I have the exact same issue, none of the NPC's spawn correctly, and as you said I have many that simply spawn with -15% base health modifier, for no apparent reason...

I assumed it was a glitch being caused by a Mod. As I have a few running just to allow some additional maps and effects.

Are you using any mods for your games?

C
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
@Redtax

I use a lot of mods, but I believe this started happening after the patch and not after installing any mod that should effect this.

I did install a few of Haelenes class mods though, but those skills were not used on any of these NPCs, and I do not see why those mods would effect the game in this way.

I believe the bug has to do with Larian changing the need for NPCs to have the correct abilities and memory slots for the skills we give them. Now you can just give them any skill and they can use it (I believe, which is what they said would be the case from release of the game).

R
stranger
stranger
R
Yeah, I checked my game today, and even my saved/exported NPC's lose their talents and skills now...

At least before I could drop in an NPC at random with what I wanted, but after the last patch, it seems that even the exported/saved ones are just blank NPC's now, as if I'd never touched them...

Highly annoying...

C
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
What?! Oh no! I haven't checked lately as the bug takes away my inspiration to build on the campaign until it is fixed - but at least I thought I could create some main NPC:s.

I really hope the bug hasn't crept into my panel as well. That would mean a lot of hours lost.

V
stranger
stranger
V
I've had similar issues myself. Combat Abilities, Civil Abilities and Talents resets whenever I go back into a campaign, be it to continue working on it or continue playing it. I've not seen any Spells being reset, these seem to stick as is.

Combat Abilities, Civil Abilities and Talents are also reset whenever an NPC changes level. This might be what previous posters have experienced - even if you've a saved character, say a level 5 bandit which you've given +2 scoundrel and The Pawn, everything is reset on it if I spawn it at any other level, say 4 or 6 when trying to manage the difficulty.

What I've recently found out (while posting this as I wanted to test it before posting) is that it appears that NPCs seems to retain the changes the ~first~ time I reload the scene after having made changes. I made changes yesterday, went in now to see if changes were still there, and they were. I reloaded the game again, and it was gone in the scene I checked. However, in a scene I didn't load during the first loaded game, changes were still there. And then loading up the game a third time, changes were now gone in that second scene as well.

Currently, the method of saving the NPCs and replacing them once the players enters the scenes seems to work for me. It's very tedious though and certainly very frustrating for the players what with all the waiting.

In order to combat the level changes resesting the NPCs, I've started saving the same NPCs with several levels. This also works for now, but again, very tedious.

This is a major concern for me as the GM-mode is the only thing holding any interest for me in this game.

Hi!

Issue indeed exists, thank you for sharing your issues with us - it really helped. We will look into it.

Rocks fall, everyone dies
C
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
Oh, that is great news Seter! Thanks for looking into this. As said earlier, it is a bug that halts the game for me.

C
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
@Seter

Any news on this? Can we expect a hotfix soon? It really messes up my game.

For instance, last session we ended in the midst of a big fight with many NPCs and main villains.
Tonight, when we continue, all these NPCs will have reset their combat abilities and talents, and as I cannot switch them out for the correct versions from my panel (because then they will start out fresh with full HP and cooldowns) I will have to go through every single one and compare them with the correct versions in my panel - and then manually add all abilities to them. frown

C
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
Hi Larian.

Any news on a hotfix?

Hello!
We have not forgot about the issue, but i cannot give you any estimates so far.

Last edited by Seter; 29/03/18 09:09 AM.

C
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
Hi Larian.

Any news on a hotfix?

K
stranger
stranger
K
How comes this issue still exists. It's a major problem with GM Mode and kinda ruins the experience. Still nothing on when it's gonna get fixed?

C
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
@Kaleido

Yea, I know. If I remember it correctly it all started after Larians latest patch. I wrote my first post as far back as the 11th of march – and the answer here, a few posts up in this thread, is now one month old (!):

"Hello!
We have not forgot about the issue, but i cannot give you any estimates so far."

I really hope they are not abandoning GM mode. It is a lovely piece of creative output for old PnP-nerds like me – and with a few smaller improvements it could be epic.

Hey there!

Just wanted to update you on the progress. We know what cause the problem and the fix is on its way. We will introduce the solution with the upcoming patch, as we want to fix few other small things that we've spotted. We know it takes longer than expected, but we want to give it a proper QA before launching it.

Rest assured, you will be able to enjoy the GM mode soon.

C
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
Great to hear it is on its way! Thanks Seter! No chance for a hotfix for this specific issue before the patch?

C
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
Hi Seter. Any ETA on the patch?

V
stranger
stranger
V
I'd like to know as well. I'm currently holding on development of my campaign because I don't want to have to go back and redo all of my NPCs later on. Would very much appriciate a quick deployment of this fix. Or at least an ETA.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard