Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Hey i was wondering, is there any way to change the basic stats of the character and what secondary stats they link to ?

if not is that a possible thing that could be added.... to the engine.

The reason i ask is i have a really great idea for a "mod" and i use the term mod very loosely. I really have a great idea for a whole new game that i think will be amazing in your engine.

but basically .... and i hope this doesn't give me away.

would it be possible to say ::

change strength to adjust melee damage on a much lower scale, and lift capacity // challenges.
and have a different stat and for the sake of obfuscation lets call this stat coordination manage both melee hit chance and melee "parry" chance.

and therefore separate ranged and melee statistics ?

would it be possible to change the nature of "constitution" to give drastically less health points but also contribute to physical armor ?

would it be possible to create a new skill and hide it that returns all physical armor between each hit. essentially changing how physical armor works and potentially making it function as a flat damage reduction making physical armor function entirely differently ?

Basically what i'm wondering is can i decouple, the stats and couple them to different secondary stats and change the scale to revolve closer around a base 100 system (percentage) instead of your base 5 system ? aka each point is worth 1 instead of 5 give more points ....?

If you want to know more feel free to pm or direct mail me. I just really don't want to lose the initiative on this idea.

journeyman
journeyman
First of all, I'd like to recommend reading Bluefire's idea for a mod, that it's currently under construction:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...M2zj9uMwXDv_KWitDi7nQ/edit#gid=933636169

As you can see, the game can be pretty much reconstructed and all the current functionalities can be deactivated or changed.

Basically, everything you said is doable. Some stuff would be easily manageble through stats editing and simple tweaks. Other things would heavily rely on scripting, needing complex logic and a lots of code. It's all up to the amount of work you're intended to put on the mod.

S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
What language does it use ?

im studying up on C#//unity anyway maybe i could use some cross knowledge.

Link Copied to Clipboard