Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#223080 29/04/04 04:00 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I'm finding battles with groups of enemies particularly difficult to get through. The one currently in question is with a group of skeletons & mages right before the group of chained-up skeletons.

The problem I'm having is that some skeletons seem to move a LOT, requiring you to chase them. All the while I'm being pummeled by the mages with their fire spell. Adding to the frustration is the fact that now, in BD, you have multiple characters to control, each with their own potion/spell buttons. Getting to the correct characters buttons takes precious seconds, and I get wiped out. Even using the space bar doesn't seem to help.

Am I missing something entirely with regard to battles, or is it just a matter of try-and-try-again? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Michael

apprentice
apprentice
I know exactly the choke point that's troubling you. I had the same problem. I let one of the party hang back down the hall out of danger. Let the other sneak just up to the corner around which the pack appears. Just 1 or 2 of that pack would come after the one at the corner. I'd immediately run back to where the other was waiting and take on just 1 or 2 rather than the whole bunch.

The Skeleton Mages are tough, but watch the pattern. Every once in a while, they stop and hang for a few seconds. That's when they're the most vulnerable.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I'll try that tactic, thanks. Is the first Battlefield close to that point? I could use the leveling up to help!

Regards,
Michael

Support
Support
You have passed the first battlefield key, and the next you will find shortly.
<span class='standouttext'>Spoiler : </span><span class='spoiler'>The first BF key is in a locked chest in the cell block you started in, with the key in the left spider cell in the arena.</span>

In general, you do not want to fight melee only against opponents that use ranged attacks. In this fight it really helps if one character is using a bow/crossbow or magic to attack from a distance. The melee character will still do a bit of chasing, but with the ranged attacks, the mages will not be able to run away as well, and will take damage as they try.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Strange, that's not where I found it. Hmmm, could this mean that if you missed one battlefield key, then the next one you find will be the same level as the one you missed instead of a higher level?

Support
Support
If you miss a BF key, the next one will give you access up to its level. However, in the first act, there are 2 level 1 keys, since the first is hidden quite well.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard