Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
veteran
veteran
If an enemie has only one kind of armor, he is dead meat anyway. You don't need to deal damage, to keep him in deathlock. Same goes for every enemie who got ripped of his armor, one of the reason why physical is so strong. Knock down effects are the easiest way to keep enemies down, after they lost all their armor. Also it is much easier to increase your physical damage output than your magical. Magic feels very weak early in the game, even more if you go hydro/aero which is a cc heavy combo. Though no really point in repeating even more of all the issues in the armor system, that got repeated over and over again.

In the end except from some special fights, most of the fights just felt the same, also more like playing puzzle game and less like having a fight.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I like the new system and i don't miss percentages. The problem is rather that hard disables are so easily available and easy to apply. I think the idea that you have to apply multiple debuffs or debuff chains to get a disable is a better idea. We have this with wet and freeze i think ? This could be expanded further. So that you can't apply knockdown in a single round or single turn and that the other side has a chance to counter your incoming disable.

The point of mixed damage parties being worse is not a inherent problem to the current system. It is simply a problem of balancing. If you had enemies with say 6 or 8(<-- these number would need fine-tuning) times more armor of the other kind, you would be in a better position if half of your team could deal the lower damage type. If the majority of encounters had enemies like this, mixed parties would even be favorable in comparison to pure damage type parties.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard