Next Thread
Print Thread
#648140 21/08/18 03:15 AM
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
i think bless should override curse instead of cancelling it out because bless uses source and curse doesnt so it should be stronger

for example using it on a cursed surface turns it into a blessed surface instead of a normal one and using it on a cursed character gives them the blessed status instead of canceling out curse

veteran
veteran
Even that doesn't seem strong enough.

The biggest problem is that enemies have too many ways to spread curse, and they can spread it virtually for free. Enemies can spread curse when they bleed, they can cast curse with Void Glide, they can straight-up cast it, and I'm probably missing a couple.

The source point cost of Bless just makes Bless not worthwhile. That has to be removed for Bless to actually be useful.

Turning Cursed status on a character directly into Blessed status would be fine (being cursed isn't that bad anyway), but I wonder if turning a cursed surface into a blessed one might be a little too OP.
Cursed fire can be annoying, but if you can just transform it directly into blessed fire, it starts to heal you and makes you immune to fire for 2 turns. Maybe that's a little much for a single Bless spell.

Btw, there is already a way to turn cursed fire into blessed fire directly using just 1AP. Toss a blessed oil flask into the fire. You can also use blessed water balloons and blessed water arrows to turn it into healing steam clouds.
I would actually suggest to Larian to make crafting those items just a little easier because all of them require Source orbs, which are very rare especially in the first half of the game.

But you don't even have to remove cursed fire. Once you get to Reapers Coast, ingredients become abundant, so you can start crafting those resistance potions. E.g. drink a medium Fire resistance potion (50% resistance) on a character who has the Five-star Diner talent (a must for my warriors), it doubles the effect for 100+% fire resistance for 3 turns. So instead of keeping your physical tank builds away from fire cuz they have low magic armor, you send them right in the middle of the necro hell to bash some heads open, while they heal in it, (all the while your battle mage rains more hell on top of them for even more healing and more barbecued enemies). silence wink

Last edited by 123xzcs; 21/08/18 01:55 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
I think bless shouldn't take a memory slot. It seems some of those sp powers should auto equiped.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
bless should be sourceless and not take up a memory slot

it should also remove cursed status from a character and add the blessed status, rather than just cancelling the cursed status out

as for surfaces, i don't think it should automatically flip a cursed one to a blessed one, but i think the aforementioned changes would make it worthwhile

addict
addict
Honestly felt stupid that this amazing power you got from a god, which is basically the only way to deal with alot of stuff cursed stuff in the game, not only takes up a memory slot but also takes a source skill, like what.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard