Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
You know what.. You can actually just as well remove it now, it's completely useless unless you characters are fighting in a small area. But that is just stupid with all the AoE that flies around in a battle, the characters would just die off fast because they can all get hit by the AoE.

The skill used to require that the character with the leadership skill had to be within line of sight, but you have over nerfed the skill by making it ONLY 5 meter.

Maybe change it so that it is actually useful?

13m range and the requirement of line of sight and make the trait Far out Man work on it so it become 15m range with it.

veteran
veteran
Sadly an issue we are putting up since EA, never listened in that regard so far.

veteran
veteran
Yes, Leadership might be more useful should at least gain +1 meter radius per point, that might at least make it useful. But we've been saying that since the alpha and Larian has decided to ignore it.

The other Defensive Abilities aren't good either.
- Perseverance works on so few status effects, and restores so little armor that it's only worthwhile if you invest so many points into it that your damage dealing is crippled.
- Retribution deals so little retaliation damage that you also need to invest a ton of points into it, and even then it's worthless given that maxed it reflects half the damage you take, and enemies have a LOT larger HP pools than players do.

veteran
veteran
Also enemies will just outright try to ignore you, if you have high retribution, if I am not mistaken.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
it's arguably the best defensive ability and actually does a pretty good job on a sword and shield character in a lone wolf strat

that being said, pretty much everything works in lone wolf strats

you'd be surprised how much the stacked resistances help in the later portion of the game

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
Also enemies will just outright try to ignore you, if you have high retribution, if I am not mistaken.

Eh ~~ you can get around it with the glass cannon perk, but only because that's broken in the opposite way; forces everyone to focus attack the character

It's interesting actually since it reveals that the AI determines that doubling down on the glass cannon + retribution character is more valuable move then anything else

veteran
veteran
I know that, but that is just exploiting the AI, it does not make Retribution viable by itself. Though it also means the guy with Retribution and Glass cannon will be doing only one thing most of the time, standing around and playing sponge, because he will be cc'ed most of the time.

@ miaasma:
You are talking about Retribution? Sure, it works, if you are the only character in the time. But this is also a very specific and Lone Wolf is broken from the get go anyway.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
i was talking about leadership, not retribution

i agree that pretty much anything works on lone wolf, but resistances in this game are especially huge when you consider how much damage some characters' spells do. especially when enemies start using spells like epidemic of fire

retribution just seems atrocious unless you max it

veteran
veteran
I was quite irritated, so you are talking about two lone wolfs, but one with leadership? Because leadership gives nothing to the owner of the skill, one of the huge flaws of this skill in my eyes.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
yes, that's what i mean

for example, one character with a lot of armor takes leadership so that the other one (maybe a rogue or a magic user) has high resistances

i agree that leadership shouldn't just give nothing to the user though. maybe reduced resistances so that the point of the skill isn't removed

leadership was so good in DOSEE...

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by 123xzcs

That's probably why it was nerfed in DOS 2.

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Originally Posted by 123xzcs

That's probably why it was nerfed in DOS 2.

Likely, but they went overboard in the nerfing of it and ended up making it pretty much useless.

Making it a 13m range skill that's effected by "Far out Man" talent and like the Sin 1 skill where line of sight is required. Is the better way to go about it in my opinion, and it shouldn't have increase in range with amount of points put into it.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard