Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#648547 31/08/18 10:26 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello,

As disk space in my 120GB SSD is critical, I would like to know if its possible to delete the Vanilla only version files. Looking at the installation folder, its not clear what is used by the Classic (Vanilla) and by the Definitive Edition.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
I have 120GB SSD too. You can delete the old "Data" folder (not "DefEd") to remove 30+GB of the old game. You just won't be able to play the old version.

See : Game taking up nearly 70GB of space?

Alternatively (if you have an external HDD) you can install it there and then just copy what you want to your SSD. Then if you wanted to play the old version you could delete "defed" from your SSD and copy back "data".

I'd like a confirmation from someone of Larian before I delete that folder.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Blablabla
I'd like a confirmation from someone of Larian before I delete that folder.
I get that completely but I can say it definitely works for me - you only need the "DefEd" folder which is only 20GB. If something goes wrong you can always restore the "Data" folder back.

30GB saved on a 120GB SSD is a lot especially as I'm not going to play the old version again - it means I can have Pillars of Eternity 2 installed at the same time.

I would have been more convenient if it was released as separate game like DOS EE but there we are.

journeyman
journeyman
I'd like to also ask a follow-up question, now that my game has been upgraded by the patch, if I uninstall the game entirely and freshly install it, will it be the same size?

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks for the reply. Didn't notice the similar folders.

[quote=Blablabla]I'd like a confirmation from someone of Larian before I delete that folder.[/quote]

You can backup that folder on you HDD or any portable disk. If something goes bad just put the folder back.

Last edited by Júlio Souza; 02/09/18 03:24 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard