Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Before I start: I recently started play the game on console and am only at Fort Joy, no idea if my complain still stand for the rest of the game.
So here's something I don't understand: why, when you choose a origin character to play, you don't have access to all that rich voiced dialogues they have as companion? Or why not give them unique voice acting during dialogues with NPCs when playing as one?
I cannot get rid of the impression that all these origin characters were always meant to be your companions, only that and nothing else, that if you pick one as your main character you just pick your usual silent protagonist that is so common in games and that by picking one you just lose a lot of flavor (like voiced dialogues) from him/her.
So this come to my suggestion: if there will ever be a Divinity 3, do not make Origin characters anymore, just make a silent protagonist or you could make him full voiced but with different branching paths depending of class/gender/anything else.
Loving the game otherwise.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I'm not sure what you're talking about. I've been playing with the Red Prince and he's always talking whenever he enters a room, or new place, etc. It is fairly common.

As for dialogue with NPC, it would probably slow things down too much? (plus a ton of extra recording) Consider that, currently, once you pick a dialogue option, the NPC immediately replies to you, basically taking just about the same time to hear the voice line as it would take you to read it on the panel.

What you are suggesting would be a bit redundant. You read a line, choose it, then have to wait while listening to the audio line for the option you already read. After a couple of hours most players would just skip the audio line entirely, making the whole investment in audio for those lines pointless.

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
they mean during conversations with npcs. if theyre a companion that ALWAYS have something to say during every conversation thats voice acted. but when you main the origin its just the standard options as if you were playing a nonpreset.

I do enjoy them more as companions myself, however their is a reason for the origin charecters, when you main them you get TONS of new dialogue choices(although not voice acted) that you would never see without them, as well as even having them as a companion. also when you main them you can get in fights just talking to the wrong people that wouldnt happen if they were just a companion ect.

Red prince is most noticeable as most of the lizards will just instantly want to kill you for talking to them.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
I get you - I always take Ifan as a companion (no matter what build) as I love his voice. He sounds like Richard Burton in War of the Worlds. Fantastic.

I'd never take him as main though as you'd miss it.

Not sure your idea of voicing your main protagonist would work though - s/he'd always sound wrong (IMO)

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard