Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Progman Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I'm playing the definitive edition, and have finally made to Arx after about 70 hours. This is basically the first major bug I've come across that I couldn't otherwise work around on my own.

Here's what happened:

I went down to the sewers below the Arx prison, and found the Mistake. I lighted the braziers, as one does, and initiated combat with him through dialog. He ressurects the dead in the cages and...nothing happens.

Karon doesn't move. He just stands there in the center of the ring, and doesn't attack. He doesn't end his turn, which means my party is stuck there. I reload, and the same things happens again. So, then I tried a variety of things I thought would force the AI to skip/end its own turn:

-Entering combat with two characters in stealth, and breaking his physical armor to knock him down. Didn't work; it was still Karon's turn
-The same thing, but freezing him/stunning him. Didn't work.
-This also didn't work with Chicken Form or Charmed. Or Taunted. Nothing that would typically make the AI act differently.

Eventually, I managed to fluke my way into forcing Karon to actually attack by having three of my party be stealthed when he starts combat. He did his little thing, and I managed to down him in one turn (I'm on Tactician, though I don't think that's relevant)...except when Fane ended his turn, it took about 35 seconds to switch to the next enemy (this also happens now when switching to allies)...and they ALSO refused to move or attack.

They weren't blocked or anything like that; they just...stopped.

So I reloaded, and systematically figured out how to take down each enemy in one round, using the character who went directly before them in hte combat order so they never had the chance to halt combat entirely. Using teleports, fleeing, and a strange inconsistency where two of the undead warriors Karon summoned actually fought (except one of them literally refused to move the second he saw more than one enemy), I finished the combat encounter, thinking that I wouldn't have this problem ever again.

And then I came across the Spider Ambush...and it happened AGAIN. Once more, I cheesed it thanks to a little luck, buffs and fleeing...but then it became pretty clear that this bug wasn't going to go away.

Now, throughout this process, I had been disabling mods one by one to try and figure out which one it could possibly be (even though my mod list has been relatively unchanged from Reaper's Coast to Arx for like 50 hours), and literally nothing changed no matter what I did. I tried disabling all mods, still nothing. I tried not using summons, still nothing.

I am at a loss here. There are some combat encounters (specifically the Isbiel one, which I just got to) where I literally can't cheese or prep ahead of time to boost my Initiative above the first enemy. Which means I can't play the game, like at all.

I've tried verifying my game via Steam. I've tried rebooting both Steam and my computer. I've tried running the game without Steam.

Is there any way to force the AI to do it's freaking job? Is there a reset button somewhere? What the hell do I do? I have 32GB of DDR4 RAM, and my processor literally can't be a bottleneck. What is happening???

D
stranger
stranger
D
I'm having the same issue, but the combat bug starts in Act 2.... Me and my buddy have tried restarting twice and still the same thing when we get to Act 2

stranger
stranger
Same issue on Arx, last things I remember doing is releasing Karon to meet him with Lucian (out of curiosity) I do not remember if I killed the 3 trolls before then or not to get the painting but I am really annoyed that I cannot do any fight, whether it is the Lizard Revenants + Dream Realm, Kemms battle for Arhu, or the Doctor. It only happens when I have my created character in battle so that must be the issue.

Support
Support

Please email supportdos2@larian.com with your latest save (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc), and if available the most recent save that works and the oldest where combat is blocked if your avatar is involved. If you are using any mods, also include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder' (and similarly in OSX/Finder).

PS4 saves can be sent, as well, but they would need to be transferred to a USB flash drive first.
In the Saved Data in System Storage section of the Settings menu, click Copy to USB Storage Device, select the relevant save(s) and Copy. From there you can zip the files, then copy to email or upload somewhere and provide a link.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard