Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Quaid Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I've looked around and haven't been able to find this information anywhere. Setting ambient music in a level was quite easy, but combat music is not. I know the game has like 3 or 4 different tracks for combat that support the four instruments and all that. It looks like by default it chooses the same one every time.

How do I set a combat encounter to play specific fight themes that were present in the main adventure?

Quaid Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Okay so I ended up figuring this out myself. The music you set via Music Volume Trigger is not just an ambient music track. Each entry has a specific ambient track as well as a combat track assigned to it and the two do not seem to be seperately editable.

So for example: if you want your combat to play the shadow prince combat theme, set your Music Volume Trigger to play Boss_ABMS_Orch_music_on (which does not support the four instruments) or another example: explo_theme_16_dark which plays 'dancing with the source' (which supports the four instruments)

Ideally there would be a wiki page with a table of what every entry plays but for now looks like it's either trial/error or going into the game levels to find the one you want.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Quaid

Ideally there would be a wiki page with a table of what every entry plays but for now looks like it's either trial/error or going into the game levels to find the one you want.

Thanks for the info. Maybe you could start a wiki page about this in the community section. wink

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard