Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hey guys, I'm slowly getting deeper into modding the game, but I'm having a serious difficulty with making some non-basic statuses. 2 in particular are giving me some trouble right now.

1: Invisible:
What Ive tried doing is recreating the invisible Status, by copying all dependent variables from base game. In my case the Invisibility only lasts one turn and grants a damage boost. I'm pretty sure that invisible characters are supposed to get revealed breaking the status, but in my case the character stays invisible even after using damaging abilities/attacking. I'm guessing that there is a script somewhere that dictates a status to be removed when dealing damage out of cloak, but I was unable to find the script for it. I'm really wanting to get into scripting, but with no programming knowledge or experience on scripting its a tough one to start.

2: Damage on Move:
Similar to invisibility, Ive copied all the relevant variables, including Status, Potion, and Weapons entries. but when testing in game, a character doesnt get damaged while moving. I'm guessing this is once again a scripted event, but I was unable to find the Knee Breaker script in the Divinity Engine's Script tab. If anyone has any insight, I would really appreciate it. This would help me with other planned statuses in the future, like creating surfaces on move, or different elemental damages on move.

Gosh I wish I was able to script, if anyone knows a good resource for beginners I would really appreciate that as well.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by HunterXero
I'm pretty sure that invisible characters are supposed to get revealed breaking the status, but in my case the character stays invisible even after using damaging abilities/attacking. I'm guessing that there is a script somewhere that dictates a status to be removed when dealing damage out of cloak, but I was unable to find the script for it.

Invisibility removal is handled by Statuses.gameScript. You can recreate the same sort of behavior in your mod of course, but personally I prefer applying the regular INVISIBLE and a hidden additional status to go along with it. A status is hidden when it has no icon set.

As long as you're fine with using the same visual effect and StackId/Display name as INVISIBLE, that solution ends up being a bit easier / more compatible in the long run, as Larian checks for the INVISIBLE specifically in other scripts for things like combat comments and seeing if a player is hiding.

Originally Posted by HunterXero
2: Damage on Move

How are you applying your damage on move status? Damage on move statuses have extra parameters that determine the distance required before damage procs, which (from what I've gathered), can only be applied by stats like so:

Code
DAMAGE_ON_MOVE,100,2,,75

That last number is the distance required before damage happens.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Oh you know what that makes a lot of sense.
I believe that I saw the extra ",75" in there but thought that I botched up something pasting the code and corrected that to just "100,2"
Thanks a lot that helps out a great deal.
Ill try to recreate the Invisibility script from Statuses.GameScript first then and see if I can make that work. I didn't see it there earlier, but I probably missed it >_<.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard