Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I'm the GOG version of DOS:EE but now I need to switch from Windows 7 to Ubuntu.

I have the 'Larian Studios' folder from Windows 7 backed up. Can I just use it to replace the 'Larian Studios' folder in the Linux version and continue from where I left off?

I assume this will also include my previously selected game options and custom controls.

Mind, I've never transferred game saves or used linux before.

Thanks.

Last edited by Thisisaline; 09/05/19 03:58 PM.
It seems so, since the directory structure seems to be identical. But I don't know for sure. Maybe Raze or others can confirm it.

Besides, how do you plan to transfer the directory from Windows to Linux? There are several ways to do so: reading the Windows disk from Linux (vice versa isn't possible without 3rd party software for Windows, as it doesn't know Linux file systems ex factory), using a FAT or NTFS formatted USB stick that both can read, transfer via network (Samba or SSH), to name the most common ones.

If you have any Linux-related questions about this endeavor, ask away and I'll try to help you as far as I can. Welcome to the Linux world. smile

edit: You can see the config and save files locations for both OS here.

Last edited by Raban; 11/05/19 06:41 AM.
Support
Support

Yes, that should work.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard