Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I've been having a microstuttering problem with the game, in both classic and definitive editions that I just haven't been able to get rid of

It happens mostly in combat whenever an attack ability or spell animates, or when an enemy dies, with there being a chance of it stuttering for a split second every time one of those things happens. It sorta feels like something is messing up with the animations but I dunno. It also happens sometimes just moving the camera around

Things I have tried to fix it so far are:

Turning on borderless fullscreen and windowed mode

Disabling and enabling frame cap and vsync in game

Forcing vsync, triple buffering, and frame cap with Nvidia Control Panel and Nvidia Profile Inspector

Setting the game process to high and realtime priority

Setting the game process to one core then back to all cores (A fix that used to work when the game would underutilize your cpu)

Installing the latest drivers, and trying two different versions of older drivers

Setting max pre rendered frame to 1 in Nvidia Control Panel

Setting power saving mode to maximum performance in Nvidia Control Panel

Changing video cards (from GTX 970)

Changing processors (from i5-2500k)

Reinstalling Windows 10

Running the game as administrator

My current hardware is: Core i7-9700k, Nvidia GTX 1080, SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, 16g DDR4 RAM

The only other things I can think of are that there is something wrong with the redistributable installation on steam, that there might be a hidden setting I could tweak in the graphics config file, or that maybe installing Windows 7 would help it work.

Is there anything at all that can be done? Or is the issue just with the game coding and there is nothing that can be done about it? It may be a minor issue but it's driving me nuts! Please help!

veteran
veteran
Hi! Just to get a few questions out of the way...

Are you playing with mods? Does it happen without any installed/enabled?
Have you tried all the common solutions, such as verifying game files or doing a reinstall, create a new player profile and try with that, etc?

If so, here's a compilation of suggestions that I've noted to be given by support in similar cases... Also, make sure to try disabling any overlay programs you may have, such as Overwolf, Discord overlay, etc. Check for any apps that is intended to alter game performance too, I know Razer has one, then there's 'gedosato' which turned out to cause problems with DE for one user on Discord. Disable those too.

• Try exiting out of the Steam client, and starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\DefEd\bin\EoCApp.exe' program file, by right clicking and running as administrator (or '..\Divinity Original Sin 2\Classic\EoCApp.exe' for the original release).
  • If applicable, disable Steam cloud support either globally (in the client click on the Steam menu and select Settings, and then Cloud) or just for this game (in the library right click Divinity: Original Sin 2 and select Properties, then switch to the Updates tab and check the Steam Cloud section).
    Alternately, exit out of the Steam client, or Galaxy for the GOG version, and just start the game directly from the executable when required.
  • Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Click Start, or hit WinKey-R, type in msconfig and hit enter; in the General tab, click Selective Startup, uncheck Load startup items (if required) and leave Load system services and Use original boot configuration options checked. Next, click on the Services tab, check the box to Hide all Microsoft services, then click the Disable All button (maybe make a note of which are currently enabled/disabled), then click OK and reboot the computer.
    Run msconfig again to switch back to the normal boot configuration.

If that doesn't help, you could email supportdos2@larian.com with a dxdiag report (WinKey-R, type in dxdiag and hit enter, then when it finishes loading click on the 'Save All Information...' button and save the report somewhere handy). Also check the '...\Divinity Original Sin 2\DefEd\bin' folder for the gold.log file, and if any 'CrashDump' files are being created, zip the most recent dumps together to include and attach that in the mail.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I have tried all these things yes, and have emailed support in hope of a solution

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard