Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Now I know that Larian won't be doing a Kickstarter for this one. But what about a GLORIOUS COLLECTOR'S EDITION?

Because, please. I. Need. This. So. Much!

insane yet?
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
so, my wallet's getting heavy.

can we get some pressure here to encourage larian on this matter?

insane yet?
enthusiast
enthusiast
Can we get a physical box also? I made the box art for you. silly

https://hosting.photobucket.com/ima...idth=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

stranger
stranger
If they respect the originals, I would. How much I would love a 250+ pages instruction manual like Baldur's gate 2.

stranger
stranger
Just like the OP, I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE.

Name your price, Larian!

"shut up and take my money!"

stranger
stranger
I need this too! I can't imagine reading the manual as a PDF and I have Baldur's Gate II in a collector's edition already. I would gladly pledge my money right now to a collector's edition if it's possible.

How cool would it be if BG3 DLC and Add On's followed the CDPR trajectory....?

old hand
old hand
What exactly would be in this collector's edition?

S
veteran
veteran
S
CONSOOOM

no realy why?
I stopped buying those a while ago, i got way too much stuff as it is.
also you tend to have to preorder those..
And im not a big fan of preordering games.

i say that as someone whose backed Larian games on kickstarter.
Just dont do that stuff, its bad for the industry.

Last edited by Sordak; 25/02/20 06:08 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Sordak
CONSOOOM

no realy why?
I stopped buying those a while ago, i got way too much stuff as it is.
also you tend to have to preorder those..
And im not a big fan of preordering games.

i say that as someone whose backed Larian games on kickstarter.
Just dont do that stuff, its bad for the industry.

Supporting kickstarters are NOT bad for the industry, the exact opposite.

S
veteran
veteran
S
supporting kickstarters is good for the industry. But only if you back the righ thtings and actually have half a brain about it

Preordering games is bad for the industry.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Preordering games is bad for the industry.

Guilty as charged. And yeah, I absolutely agree, it's the gaming equivalent of buying unseen. I'd often do it to get the collectors' edition but was badly burnt by that when I bought Dragon Age Inquisition's CE which was crap: shoddy, broken and falling apart and only bore a passing resemblance to the "concept art" of what we were supposed to expect. Any other industry would be hauled over the coals for misleading advertising.

In hindsight it was probably worth it for the rather nice set of tarot cards which were soon being passed around on Fleabay for more than the cost of the CE itself but it taught me to be more cautious in future.

J'aime le fromage.
S
veteran
veteran
S
When you think about it, while Kickstarter and prepurchases look very simmilar on paper, they do very different things.

With kickstarter, the entire goal of the funding is to go towards gameplay.
The negative effects of this are feature bloat and promising more than you can do.
but with Kickstarter, you sell people on your ability to actually develop a game and release milesotnes for it
While it is true that you essentialy sell an Idea to people, you have a fixed platform and you are expected to actually deliver.
The community watches your development unfold and if you fuck up a kickstarter once you probably wont get an ymoney anymore.

with prepurchases, the exact opposit is the case.
You focus on marketing, not on the game.
You are incentivized to bullshit your players into giving you the money upfront.
Thats why so many tripple A games are so front loaded. (then again, larian has the same problem)w

as for the dragon age inquisition one, i gotta admit the artwork for those tarot cards still stands as one of the heights of bioware artstyle.
Then again, thats not realy to the credit of Inquisition when the hihglight of it was the artwork on the tarot cards and loadscreens...

stranger
stranger
I need BGIII CE!
WIthout it my collection will never be complete.
Please Larian, I have CE's for both Original Sins, and all the CE's that released for Baldur's Gate, and own the games on every platform... but I am not obsessed I swear.

[Linked Image]

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
as for the dragon age inquisition one, i gotta admit the artwork for those tarot cards still stands as one of the heights of bioware artstyle.
Then again, thats not realy to the credit of Inquisition when the hihglight of it was the artwork on the tarot cards and loadscreens...

I liked Inquisition, though I accept it has its flaws, or at least aspects I didn't care for. Plus it has my bestie Sera in it.

And yeah, I agree with that point that in spite of seeming similar, Kickstarter and pre-pay are very different indeed. For me the difference from a buyer perspective is that one is additive, the other subtractive.

J'aime le fromage.
stranger
stranger
Yes please! I would love a physical collectors edition, even if it's just a pack of theme related goodies that doesn't include the game!

stranger
stranger
Literally just joined these forums to throw my support behind this.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by vometia

I liked Inquisition, though I accept it has its flaws, or at least aspects I didn't care for. Plus it has my bestie Sera in it.

And yeah, I agree with that point that in spite of seeming similar, Kickstarter and pre-pay are very different indeed. For me the difference from a buyer perspective is that one is additive, the other subtractive.

Inquisition for me is just an example of how much BioWare declined.
Baldur's Gate 2 = Over 300 spells
DA:O = Over 90 spells
DA:I = About 20 spells

The game also felt a lot like a generic boring mmo fetch quests and a lot of nonsensical mechanics like cooldowns and I HATED everything about the game. They even took away blood magic to put """""necromancy"""" which is by far the worst iteration of necromancy ever. It is just spiritual spells from Origins without animate dead(a very lackluster animate dead but less awful than nothing). And the "i don't need a staff to be deadly" followed by all spells scaling with your weapon regardless of it making all conflicts between mages and templars irrelevant.

I don't get. Why is so hard to make game mechanics not contradict the world's lore????

BG3 by being 5e, i expect that i will see far less ludonarrative dissonance, far less stat stickie itemization and other problems that i see on modern games.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
With the early access just around the corner, it'd be nice to hear if there is going to be a collectors edition.

journeyman
journeyman
Would definitively support, thanks for posting.

The greatest of evils we face may lie within
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard