Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17
Sordak #656770 12/11/19 05:02 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Sordak
i think what hes saying is that stadia gets to show gameplay first.
as in, BG3 can only be revealed once we know more about stadia, which isnt impossible

Exactly, like the BG3 gameplay trailer might have unrevealed details about Stadia features, so Larian is holding off on showing it until the 19th, hypothetically.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic
Originally Posted by Sordak
i think what hes saying is that stadia gets to show gameplay first.
as in, BG3 can only be revealed once we know more about stadia, which isnt impossible

Exactly, like the BG3 gameplay trailer might have unrevealed details about Stadia features, so Larian is holding off on showing it until the 19th, hypothetically.

That makes no sense people have already preordered Stadia why would they hide features? There is a very simple reason they haven't shown any gameplay and that's because the game isn't ready to be presented to the public. Sure they most likely got a lot of money from Google so they will tell anyone how great it is and will probably reveal the gameplay at a Stadia event but they certainly would have shown gameplay already if they could.

addict
addict
https://wccftech.com/larian-ceo-wev...ldurs-gate-3-more-than-you-would-expect/

Not sure if this has been posted, found it in google news a couple days ago. Was released 5 days ago.

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
Doomlord #656905 15/11/19 04:55 PM
old hand
old hand
https://kakuchopurei.com/2019/11/15...-baldurs-gate-3-chasing-your-dreams/amp/

This has an interview with Larian Studio CEO. Interesting points are that Larian Studio share credits for the BG: Descent into Avernus and that certain things like what rival studios were competing for BG3 is under NDA.

veteran
veteran
This interview reinforces for me a fear I've had from the beginning that BG3 will end up essentially being a tabletop simulator more than anything else. I have no interest in a game that seeks to recreate a tabletop game feel. For me, videogames are about escape from tabletop gaming and escape from playing with other people.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by kanisatha
This interview reinforces for me a fear I've had from the beginning that BG3 will end up essentially being a tabletop simulator more than anything else. I have no interest in a game that seeks to recreate a tabletop game feel. For me, videogames are about escape from tabletop gaming and escape from playing with other people.

Can't tell for sure until more footage of the game is available. I think it's easier to get clearance for White House intel briefings than find out what BG3 will actually be like at this point.

korotama #656938 16/11/19 04:56 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by korotama

Can't tell for sure until more footage of the game is available. I think it's easier to get clearance for White House intel briefings than find out what BG3 will actually be like at this point.

You cannot even pre-order the game anywhere so there is no need to give any information.

S
veteran
veteran
S
Good.
Id personally love a tabletop simulator.

its obviously not gonna be that, since that already exists, but hell, ToEE was pretty good and it got very close to the TT

old hand
old hand

For me that is exactly what I am looking for, I want BG3 to be as close as possible to the TTRPG experience as they can get.

korotama #656942 16/11/19 05:18 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by korotama

Bawhahaha, too true.

veteran
veteran
This news interests me way more than BG3 at this point:

https://venturebeat.com/2019/10/29/...uque-which-is-making-a-dd-triple-a-game/

enthusiast
enthusiast

They get to make a triple A game after releasing just one title? Whoever these guys are, WoTC must consider them to be prodigies. Color me intrigued.

korotama #656991 18/11/19 08:52 PM
veteran
veteran
My guess is that WotC is going to just use the existing studio as a starting point on which to build up a new studio including with some well-known people. The studio currently only has 55 employees, nowhere near enough to make a true AAA game. I expect it will be expanding immensely over the next few months. WotC has long wanted an in-house videogame studio to make D&D games so that it could avoid the ugly and unhappy situation they had with Atari for many years. I guess they finally have that with this acquisition.

enthusiast
enthusiast

The game will be most likely an action RPG with the forgotten realms as a setting I doubt it will be very complex.
As I have already said Hasbro is makeing a lot of DND games at the moment BG3 will just be thae start.

Last edited by Hawke; 18/11/19 09:59 PM.
Hawke #657153 23/11/19 02:47 AM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Hawke

The game will be most likely an action RPG with the forgotten realms as a setting I doubt it will be very complex.
As I have already said Hasbro is makeing a lot of DND games at the moment BG3 will just be thae start.

Nathan Stewart has said that he started demanding the use of 5e rules for those that want a D&D video game licience.

Secondly they not only licienced a game studio with only one game released to do a D&D game, but then later straight up bought the company months later. That tells me that whatever prototype Tuque Studios came up with it got WotC so excited that they bought the company itself. They wouldn't do that for some crap action game. And I don't know if it's for the Forgotten Realms or not. It could be for Eberron or even a Ravnica RPG. Or an sequel to NWN2, or Pool of Radiance 2.

old hand
old hand
My guess is that WotC is going to just use the existing studio as a starting point on which to build up a new studio including with some well-known people. The studio currently only has 55 employees, nowhere near enough to make a true AAA game. I expect it will be expanding immensely over the next few months. WotC has long wanted an in-house videogame studio to make D&D games so that it could avoid the ugly and unhappy situation they had with Atari for many years. I guess they finally have that with this acquisition.

Tuque Studios released 1 game previous to this, which got good reviews and was a moderately successful game, which got published by perfect world.

It's surprising enough that a company with so little name recognition and only one game under it's belt, was able to land a D&D licence, but to do so well, that WotC was excited enough to buy the company says something about the product. If WotC had bought them from the beginning, that would be different, although I doubt Canada would have been their first choice of location to buy a video game company. No I suspect this was motivated by a prototype of the D&D game that Tuque Studios is doing. Which tells me it's going to be good.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Nathan Stewart has said that he started demanding the use of 5e rules for those that want a D&D video game licience.

Secondly they not only licienced a game studio with only one game released to do a D&D game, but then later straight up bought the company months later. That tells me that whatever prototype Tuque Studios came up with it got WotC so excited that they bought the company itself. They wouldn't do that for some crap action game. And I don't know if it's for the Forgotten Realms or not. It could be for Eberron or even a Ravnica RPG. Or an sequel to NWN2, or Pool of Radiance 2.

Yeah, I believe that when I see proof. Pro tip don't believe anything corporate lackeys tell you lying is their their job.

Last edited by Hawke; 23/11/19 12:38 PM.
S
veteran
veteran
S
not to burst anyones bubble, but ever since NWN 2 there were a lot of liscenced DND games but none of em were any good.

the people of that studio so far only did movie tie in games and the one game they released was a forgettable top down lootershooter published by a publisher known for terrible korean grind MMOs.
tl;dr chances are this isnt gonna be any good

Last edited by Sordak; 23/11/19 11:34 AM.
veteran
veteran

Yes it's for sure going to be 5e because WotC won't allow the use of any older edition for new games. Also, I believe there was a news story a while back when Tuque Games announced they were working on this game, that the game is set in the Realms. And it is also a new IP, so not a game in an existing franchise.

But I agree with some of the other posters here that I am very reserved in my judgement of the quality of this game. If it is a big-budget AAA game, it is extremely likely it will be an ARPG. Being an action game does not automatically make it a bad game. The Witcher 3 and DA:I are action games and I love them. Skyrim remains extremely popular, even if I personally did not like that game. But like others have said, I am skeptical that a studio with no significant record of making stellar RPGs is going to come up with a huge hit right out of the gate.

old hand
old hand

Yes it's for sure going to be 5e because WotC won't allow the use of any older edition for new games. Also, I believe there was a news story a while back when Tuque Games announced they were working on this game, that the game is set in the Realms. And it is also a new IP, so not a game in an existing franchise.

But I agree with some of the other posters here that I am very reserved in my judgement of the quality of this game. If it is a big-budget AAA game, it is extremely likely it will be an ARPG. Being an action game does not automatically make it a bad game. The Witcher 3 and DA:I are action games and I love them. Skyrim remains extremely popular, even if I personally did not like that game. But like others have said, I am skeptical that a studio with no significant record of making stellar RPGs is going to come up with a huge hit right out of the gate.

Action is very less compatible with 5e rules then RTwP.

Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard