Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#654452 31/07/19 07:11 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
As i am wholly and fully interested in playing this game, i hope that you get every thing we discussed into the game. Especially the reduction and implementation of the crafting that was mentioned.

So as i am now bored and have yet to download the module that you sent (please send again so i can make a quest either on FB or through my email.) I believe that you have polished up the Engine and came into contact with the issues that i knew you would run into with the spells and heights. So with no further ado, i wish you well and hope that you will consider me amoungst the lucky few to alpha/beta this enormous undertaking.

veteran
veteran
AFAIK there's no Alpha-Beta planned for public release?

enthusiast
enthusiast
They said in a German interview that there will be some kind of public Beta test https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/baldurs-gate-3-erstes-gameplay-video-gamescom-kampfsystem,3345782.html

L
addict
addict
L
Hi Hawke, good find. In the comments section the Editor indicated that Larian said BG3 will not be out in 2019. I don't speak German and didn't see that in the article when translated.

Does anyone have a link where Larian (or WotC) state that it wont be released this year? (Not that i think it will be but I prefer facts than guesses)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by LostSoul
Hi Hawke, good find. In the comments section the Editor indicated that Larian said BG3 will not be out in 2019. I don't speak German and didn't see that in the article when translated.

Does anyone have a link where Larian (or WotC) state that it wont be released this year? (Not that i think it will be but I prefer facts than guesses)

They confirmed it here https://www.usgamer.net/articles/larian-studios-shares-its-vision-for-baldurs-gate-3-interview

"In the shorter term, Larian still has a lot of work to do on Baldur's Gate 3. When I ask if it might come out in 2019, Vincke only laughs and says no. It sounds like we won't be getting the final game until late 2020, or even early 2021, though this is just speculation on my part. But for now, the best eager fans are going to get is the new Baldur's Gate: Descent Into Avernus tabletop, which is described as a prequel to Baldur's Gate 3."

Hawke #654511 03/08/19 11:59 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Hawke
Originally Posted by LostSoul

They confirmed it here https://www.usgamer.net/articles/larian-studios-shares-its-vision-for-baldurs-gate-3-interview

"In the shorter term, Larian still has a lot of work to do on Baldur's Gate 3. When I ask if it might come out in 2019, Vincke only laughs and says no. It sounds like we won't be getting the final game until late 2020, or even early 2021, though this is just speculation on my part. But for now, the best eager fans are going to get is the new Baldur's Gate: Descent Into Avernus tabletop, which is described as a prequel to Baldur's Gate 3."

Tragic. But great that there will be a public beta!

enthusiast
enthusiast
It's a safe guess that this game won't be released until late 20 since development has only started in summer 17 and even 3 years isn't a lot for an RPG. So I wouldn't be surprised if Baldurs Gate 3 is a 2021 title. I am pretty much convinced they have only announced it this year because of the Stadia which launches in November.
Though DOS 2's early access started one year before launch so there is a very small chance we will be able to play this winter or next spring.

veteran
veteran
Wizards of the Coast representatives appeared in each and every interview with Swen Vincke of Larian since the announcement of the game, shamelessly spewing advertisement on their products, We even thought that they merged their PR teams. I am inclined to think that it is WOTC that is using the news about bg3 to advertise D&D 5e now and the upcoming PA of BG (In September, but now you can pre-order now in amazon, as they said again and again) and existent adventures, even if the game is very far ahead in time.

Last edited by _Vic_; 03/08/19 03:33 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah, Hasbro probably doesn't help either. It's sad really they went independent to gain more freedom and now they relie again on other companies who have their own interest in mind.

enthusiast
enthusiast
They rely upon WotC because they are using a license from them in which they are going to develop the game from. As it was stated by both Mike Mearls and Swen Vincke they worked together in creating the "Baldur's Gate story". As for WotC advertising the PnP module that is supposed to take place is part of the overall reason. To get people interested in DND which Baldur's Gate is. A D&D computer game. I have a feeling that BG3 is going to play closely like a tabletop game that the transistion from the computer game to the PnP table top game will be easier for players and vice versa.

Most Game companies advertise a year or two before a game is released. It was leaked before it could actually be advertised first.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard